Max memory limit per slot in motherboard

Go to solution Solved by WhitetailAni,
12 minutes ago, WhacKuum said:

I have a Z370 Taichi which supports 64gb ram. Does that mean it only supports a 4x16gb kit or can it also support a 2x32gb kit? Is there a limit per slot?

From a bit of looking around, it seems that the system will POST with 2x32, but hardware reserve 32.

That, or just work - I am limited by what I can see due to stupid school filtering.

I'd get 4x16 if you can - if you already have 2x16, just drop another kit in.

Hi,

I have a Z370 Taichi which supports 64gb ram. Does that mean it only supports a 4x16gb kit or can it also support a 2x32gb kit? Is there a limit per slot?

I prefer upgrading with 2x32gb kit with dual channel and want to know if I will face any issues. My CPU is not an issue being an 8700k.

15 minutes ago, WhacKuum said:

Hi,

I prefer upgrading with 2x32gb kit with dual channel and want to know if I will face any issues. My CPU is not an issue being an 8700k.

EDIT: Did some digging around

it will support 2x32GB sticks but it seems quite a few people have issues getting it stable with XMP on Z370 boards and had more luck with 4x16.

12 minutes ago, WhacKuum said:

From a bit of looking around, it seems that the system will POST with 2x32, but hardware reserve 32.

That, or just work - I am limited by what I can see due to stupid school filtering.

I'd get 4x16 if you can - if you already have 2x16, just drop another kit in.

elephants