Why fuel is like water in days gone 💀?

Blazepoint5

Most motorcycles can go between 120 to 200 miles on a full tank of gas. Sports bikes can typically go between 120 and 250 miles, while some touring motorcycles can go between 200 and 350 miles on a full gas tank. Cruisers and dual-purpose motorcycles can go between 140 to 220 miles.

In Daysgone?? You cant go 2 miles without topping you tank, a full tank can't even take you 2 miles without it getting finishing, and note that's if you have Lv4 gass tank if you don't then you must top more. You can only save fuel if you are disengaging the bike on down hill sites or areas.

One can't estimate estimate how many litters of gass is there in a gallon in the game (infinite probability) i would say it is not a finite amount.

Whats your take on this.

6 minutes ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Whats your take on this.

It's a game

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

13 minutes ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Most motorcycles can go between 120 to 200 miles on a full tank of gas. Sports bikes can typically go between 120 and 250 miles, while some touring motorcycles can go between 200 and 350 miles on a full gas tank. Cruisers and dual-purpose motorcycles can go between 140 to 220 miles.

In Daysgone?? You cant go 2 miles without topping you tank, a full tank can't even take you 2 miles without it getting finishing, and note that's if you have Lv4 gass tank if you don't then you must top more. You can only save fuel if you are disengaging the bike on down hill sites or areas.

One can't estimate estimate how many litters of gass is there in a gallon in the game (infinite probability) i would say it is not a finite amount.

Whats your take on this.

Its a game and its a mechanic the developers desided on.  Not everying is realistic you know, you are a one man army shooting hordes of zombies afterall.

It's a shit mechanic if you ask me but it's there to prevent you from speedrunning and also forces combat with all the zombies, otherwise you could simply skip past them and complete all the objectives with ease.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

Yeah, and batteries in flashlights also last more than 5 minutes real time in the real world. Pretty much all games introduce some unrealistic elements for the purposes of gameplay. Try to think of these mechanics from the perspective of those designing them. What would be the point of refueling a motorcycle that can travel 200 km if the actual distance you travel over the course of the entire game is less than that? At that point, you might not even bother with the mechanic at all.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

As you upgrade your bike, you will have more than enough fuel... it's just an annoyance at the beginning.

I mean sure its a shit mechanic and the devs decided to put it in, but the point is this must be incredibly repetitive and annoying... if it was 20 or 50 miles or something, then ok i guess.

in other words? why do you put up with this, personally i don't enjoy games with annoying,  stupid mechanics that are "unrealistic" just for the sake of it.

what else is "fun" in this game?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

It's a game

My concept was to discuss on the topic or give your take on the mechanic. But ok its a Game

9 hours ago, Hinjima said:

Its a game and its a mechanic the developers desided on.  Not everying is realistic you know, you are a one man army shooting hordes of zombies afterall.

We know its not realistic.

My idea was for us to do a little digging in the thing but i guess not.

9 hours ago, Caroline said:

It's a shit mechanic if you ask me but it's there to prevent you from speedrunning and also forces combat with all the zombies, otherwise you could simply skip past them and complete all the objectives with ease.

I definitely agree on this. 

I think i saw a video on YouTube  of the game devs/publishers or authors idk but in the video if i would remember, they said one of their goals was to make the world emersive and to make the player feel like he owns Deacon's bike, thats why they added or bring the customisation element to the game too.

8 hours ago, da na said:

Forces you to look for fuel instead of driving past all the zambies and completing the game in like 30 minutes.

Do you think if the game had cars, speedrunners would figure a way to finish the game really fast. One can skip cutscenes unlike games like Battlefield 5 that forces you to watch every one arguably to prevent you from progressing really fast.

Just now, Blazepoint5 said:

Do you think if the game had cars, speedrunners would figure a way to finish the game really fast. One can skip cutscenes unlike games like Battlefield 5 that forces you to watch every one (to stop you from progressing really fast).

6 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Yeah, and batteries in flashlights also last more than 5 minutes real time in the real world. Pretty much all games introduce some unrealistic elements for the purposes of gameplay. Try to think of these mechanics from the perspective of those designing them. What would be the point of refueling a motorcycle that can travel 200 km if the actual distance you travel over the course of the entire game is less than that? At that point, you might not even bother with the mechanic at all.

6 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Try to think of these mechanics from the perspective of those designing them.

Thats something to talk about too. 

but its an interesting thing don't you wreking. 

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I mean sure its a shit mechanic and the devs decided to put it in, but the point is this must be incredibly repetitive and annoying... if it was 20 or 50 miles or something, then ok i guess.

in other words? why do you put up with this, personally i don't enjoy games with annoying,  stupid mechanics that are "unrealistic" just for the sake of it.

what else is "fun" in this game?

I like the game and the play mechanics but the refueling system would be abit reasonable it list, if the bike has a 3 miles range rather than 1 and a couple of meters depending.

9 hours ago, Hinjima said:

That's why i asked your take on the thing. 

I think its a thing many people that have played the game have complained about, so thats why i want to see or hear what their thoughts are.

1 hour ago, Blazepoint5 said:

I like the game and the play mechanics but the refueling system would be abit reasonable it list, if the bike has a 3 miles range rather than 1 and a couple of meters depending.

yeah i get it sometimes otherwise good games have that one stupid thing that's really annoying and you wish it hadn't...

usually there's a workaround for this kind of stuff tho: mods. (depends if the game is moddable at all i guess)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah i get it sometimes otherwise good games have that one stupid thing that's really annoying and you wish it hadn't...

usually there's a workaround for this kind of stuff tho: mods. (depends if the game is moddable at all i guess)

Indeed thats one advantage of PC gaming. 

There is a mod for disabling fuel system in the game.