Please help!!!!!!!!!!!! My monitor (Lenovo LI2364d) is showing up as digital television on intel hd graphics (i have intel hd 4600 gpu)

bluesheep
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

Don't play with saturation and all that.

If yo use HDMI it's probably an issue of color format difference. Monitor is expecting RGB  0..255 (Full RGB), video card is sending Limited/Studio RGB . Search for an option Quantization Range (Default , Limited, Full - check Full) 

Random picture from internet - in newer drivers it may be called something else

pastedImage_0.png

if it still won't work, I'd suggest changing to a displayport or dvi (whatever connector you have on back) cable, before messing around with vibrance, saturation etc

ive never noticed this issue but now i did since my monitor colors were washed up and i went to check intel graphics control panel and i am very limited to my settings not having vibrance option and many others like screen tearing. i then noticed that it showed (digital television) instead of normal monitor. is there anything i can do to fix this?

29 minutes ago, bluesheep said:

ive never noticed this issue but now i did since my monitor colors were washed up and i went to check intel graphics control panel and i am very limited to my settings not having vibrance option and many others like screen tearing. i then noticed that it showed (digital television) instead of normal monitor. is there anything i can do to fix this?

Do you still have the option for 75hz?

On 3/16/2024 at 5:54 PM, BiotechBen said:

Do you still have the option for 75hz?

yes, i do

12 minutes ago, bluesheep said:

yes, i do

If you still have the option for 75hz at native res, and the full feature set of the display, the name it shows as is not really important.

3 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

If you still have the option for 75hz at native res, and the full feature set of the display, the name it shows as is not really important.

yes but i am trying to change the saturation because the colors are bad

11 hours ago, bluesheep said:

yes but i am trying to change the saturation because the colors are bad

And are you still able to do that if it is called "tv" instead of "Lenovo XXXXXXX"?

On 3/18/2024 at 9:02 AM, BiotechBen said:

And are you still able to do that if it is called "tv" instead of "Lenovo XXXXXXX"?

no i dont have saturation 

51 minutes ago, bluesheep said:

no i dont have saturation 

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far, and what are your system specs

Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2024 at 4:30 PM, BiotechBen said:

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far, and what are your system  for my specs i have a intel i5 4460s and for the gpu its the iGpu which is the intel graphics hd 4600

Edited by bluesheep

If yo use HDMI it's probably an issue of color format difference. Monitor is expecting RGB  0..255 (Full RGB), video card is sending Limited/Studio RGB . Search for an option Quantization Range (Default , Limited, Full - check Full) 

pastedImage_0.png

if it still won't work, I'd suggest changing to a displayport or dvi (whatever connector you have on back) cable, before messing around with vibrance, saturation etc

22 hours ago, mariushm said:

pastedImage_0.png

it might be the gpu not being able to handle saturation so ill buy one to test it