TV brain= hacked firestick?

So my TV screen got toasted, unsalvageable, but the brain and internals are fine more than likely, so I pulled them out, and kinda wanna turn it into a little hack box maybe load a plex server onto it? I have two initial problems, no display amd no power, both of which were handled by one connecter, how would I go about 1 powering it. And two converting the ribbon cable into hdmi out or some other usable interface? Ideas? Is this even possible?

It's most likely next to impossible. I kind of doubt the ribbon cable just sends a regular HDMI signal to the display. These things are typically quite "non-standard". 

If you were to make it work, you'd probably need to solve far more difficult challenges than getting it powered on. 

Since a lot of things will probably be very specific to your particular model of TV, it's most likely too much to ask someone to help you. It would just require way to much time and effort. 

7 hours ago, LAwLz said:

It's most likely next to impossible. I kind of doubt the ribbon cable just sends a regular HDMI signal to the display. These things are typically quite "non-standard". 

If you were to make it work, you'd probably need to solve far more difficult challenges than getting it powered on. 

Since a lot of things will probably be very specific to your particular model of TV, it's most likely too much to ask someone to help you. It would just require way to much time and effort. 

Thats totally fair! I didn't even know if something like that would be possible! And now I know