among them which motherboard's power stages are better??

Go to solution Solved by goatedpenguin,

If your curious than a VRM is a Voltage Regulation Module, as the name implies it regulates the voltage that is being sent to the cpu and gpu(gpu has in built ones). Additionally, VRMs ensure that the cpu is receiving a steady and consistent voltage aka clean supply of energy.  A power phase is like having power going through multiple channels hence, having a lighter load in each channel. This does get more complicated and goes down to some very technical electrical engineering stuff but you don't need to worry about this. 

Screenshot_2024-03-11-02-29-55-96_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.a89b41956d7c87182acdf7343aa875ee.jpgmotherboards Vrm,Power stages 

very new thing for me. can anyone tell me which one is better?? 

and how it is important for motherboard. 

Screenshot_2024-03-11-02-31-15-10_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg.e8cd347e398ab67cbda40c1821a3258d.jpg

7 minutes ago, Amzadd said:

motherboards Vrm,Power stages 

very new thing for me. can anyone tell me which one is better?? 

and how it is important for motherboard. 

Its really only important if you plan on doing heavy overclocking with the most powerful CPU's.

What CPU are you looking to get and what motherboards are you looking at?

I have been building computers for 25 years and this is not something I have ever taken into consideration, even when overclocking.

If your curious than a VRM is a Voltage Regulation Module, as the name implies it regulates the voltage that is being sent to the cpu and gpu(gpu has in built ones). Additionally, VRMs ensure that the cpu is receiving a steady and consistent voltage aka clean supply of energy.  A power phase is like having power going through multiple channels hence, having a lighter load in each channel. This does get more complicated and goes down to some very technical electrical engineering stuff but you don't need to worry about this. 

10 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

among them which one is better??

19 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

If your not going to be doing intense OCing, this does not matter.

among them which one is better or same?

No you don't understand they work in conjunction. There both on the motherboard. You don't need to worry about this it comes on the motherboard out of the box.

1 minute ago, Amzadd said:

among them which one is better or same?

Can you tell us exactly what two motherboards they are?
There are so much more important things than just what you are looking at.

3 minutes ago, Amzadd said:

among them which one is better??

you do not need better, if you get better you will waste 100-200-300$ for 0fps gain and maybe a very slight longevity increase, the only relevant metric would be build quality in that price range, which is still like, it really can't be bad even on cheap motherboards, otherwise if it breaks you will just use warranty and they lose money

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

What you really need to care about the motherboard would be its I/O, how many sata slots(for lots of storage), how many usb headers etc.

9 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

No you don't understand they work in conjunction. There both on the motherboard. You don't need to worry about this it comes on the motherboard out of the box.

okay got it. 

30 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

VRMs do more than just ensure the respective component gets a clean supply of energy - they also convert the voltage from 12V to whatever the respective component is supposed to get(1V for example), which results in a proportional increase in current.

Additionally, while this is me being a bit pedantic...the GPU itself does not have VRMs built in. The entire graphics card is what contains the required components to ensure the GPU is getting the power it needs. This is a problem that I have when we use the same term to describe different parts of the same component. The GPU is the chip itself, whereas "graphics card", "video card", etc. describe the entire sub-assembly.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch