Motherboard upgrade for i5 12600k

So I have a Msi h610m board and people are saying I should upgrade I’m thinking of getting a b660 board with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but I’m open for recommendations 

Ah, good old BUY EXPENSIVE BOARED GO OVERKLOK argument.

Why not spend the cash elsewhere? I stopped overclocking my CPU a long time ago.

You have to consider, is it worth the cost for how much you will gain?  Will you need to upgrade your CPU cooler too in order for it to achieve a worthwhile boost in performance?

8 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

@Motifator

The B660 boards do not support multiplier overclocking. Need a board with a Z series chioset for that.

Its not manual overclocking that is necessarily the issue here, low-end boards may not allow the CPU to boost as high as it should due to power limitations.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Unless you want to go to a power hungry CPU like 14900K then your current board is fine, it has no effect on performance. I’d either put money into your GPU or CPU. An older, cheap motherboard (although I’m not sure it your H610 is really that bad) would have weaker VRMs that you wouldn’t want to push that much power through, but I doubt you’re upgrading to a 14900K anytime soon.

I’d save it and buy a better GPU, CPU, or more RAM depending on your needs.

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

Ah, good old BUY EXPENSIVE BOARED GO OVERKLOK argument.

Why not spend the cash elsewhere? I stopped overclocking my CPU a long time ago.

I don’t want to overlook so I’ll just save up for a 3069 thanks a lot