5G pci card potetnial problem?

Hi, I recently bought Razer blade 15 and because I have to constantly hotspot internet from my iphone and I have 5 spare sim cards with 50gb / month i wanted to put one in my laptop via pci card like this one:

https://www.soselectronic.com/pl/products/quectel/eg25ggb-minipcie-326207?vat=1&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADjHOUMjpnCoA41EP1AO1DRcXpLQr

im sure i can find one that will fit in, but im worried about the card’s antena being blocked by laptop’s metal chassis. Do you think there is a way to connect the card to laptop’s built in antena? Or is there any other way for it to work? Or maybe aluminium wouldnt block the signal? 

Where are you putting this?

Your wifi card and ssd take up all the m.2 slots.

You can just get a usb stick that does the same thing

29 minutes ago, kubtryb said:

Do you think there is a way to connect the card to laptop’s built in antena?

Antennas are generally designed for a specific set of frequencies. So its doubtful you would get good signal with the included antennas or any signal for that matter. Generally if the laptop was made to have cellular data it would have separate antennas specific to that and have antennas specific for WiFi.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Where are you putting this?

Your wifi card and ssd take up all the m.2 slots.

You can just get a usb stick that does the same thing

Yeah but usb is annoying, if it was possible id rather have one of two slots occupied by said card, cuz i have a 4tb nvme and dont need another

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Antennas are generally designed for a specific set of frequencies. So its doubtful you would get good signal with the included antennas or any signal for that matter. Generally if the laptop was made to have cellular data it would have separate antennas specific to that and have antennas specific for WiFi.

Yeah but some cards have integrated antenna, so there’s just the metal chassis problem

1 hour ago, kubtryb said:

Yeah but usb is annoying, if it was possible id rather have one of two slots occupied by said card, cuz i have a 4tb nvme and dont need another

What I mean is you only have 2 slots. One occupied by your wifi card and the other by your nvme drive. You have no free slots.

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

What I mean is you only have 2 slots. One occupied by your wifi card and the other by your nvme drive. You have no free slots.

no no, i have 2 nvme slots for drives (one is free) and 1 for wifi card (occupied by current one)

2 hours ago, kubtryb said:

no no, i have 2 nvme slots for drives (one is free) and 1 for wifi card (occupied by current one)

Ah ok yours does thats an exception on the rule for blades.

You can try a 5g card however you say you have 5 50gb sims. How are you planning on swapping them? On that note too how are you plugging in a sim? The model you linked has the solder ports for a sim reader but NO sim reader on iy.

Please keep in mind the back of a laptop ISNT made to be removed more than a handfull of times before it seriously will be damaged. Screws much sooner usually. On a blade this counts doubly so

3 hours ago, kubtryb said:

You need to be mindful of how the slot and card is keyed. WiFi cards are E keyed for example and most storage is B and or M keyed. If its not keyed for the slot it wont work. Ive never seen a slot support them all. Generally motherboards have slots for storage and a slot for a WiFi adapter.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.