Help/Tips with choosing my keycaps

XukeLho

Hey guys, I think I've finnaly settled on what keyboard I'll be starting with:

RK87 Wireless kb:

https://rkgamingstore.com/products/rk-87-keys-keyboard

It has everything I was looking for: TKL format, wireless connectivity, budget/starter friendly, configurable rgb, backlit keys and its white!

The only downside is the keycaps. They do not match my language (pt-pt). And this is where you guys come in. As you may have guessed, I'm a complete newbie to mechanical keyboards.

So, what I need are tips on what I should look for in my keycaps, what do I need to be carefull with, what is compatible and what is not, and anything else you may find relevant.

If you're going to mention stores, or links, I prefer stores in Europe, or stores that ship there.

Thanks in advance

Looks like it uses standard cherry stems so I'd say the main thing you'd want to ensure is whatever new caps you get are doubleshot so they have the LED passthrough and the legends (letters etc) are at the top so they are centered over the LED. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

• 2 weeks later...

What are some good places to buy keycaps, that have a broad range of letters?

12 hours ago, XukeLho said:

What are some good places to buy keycaps, that have a broad range of letters?

What do you mean, broad range of letters? Do you mean fonts? Or like ISO layout with different language layouts?

Amazon can be good, otherwise it will depend on where you are and which shop ships to you.

11 hours ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

What do you mean, broad range of letters? Do you mean fonts? Or like ISO layout with different language layouts?

Amazon can be good, otherwise it will depend on where you are and which shop ships to you.

Yea sorry, I meant ISO layouts. My language (pt-pt) isn't very common so i've been struggling to find the keycaps that I need.