2023 Asus ProArt Studio Bok 16' SSD slow (but not always?!)

For my engineering job, i picked up this ASUS proart studiobook. The specs are as follows:

• intel core i9 13980hx
  • 64gb 5200mhz DDR5
  • Nvidia RTX 3000 ADA studio
  • 2tb SSD

I'm frustrated because Asus Canada and Microsoft have no idea what they are talking about. On Crystal Disk info, my SSD is in perfect health and in Crystal disk mark on sequential reads and writes, are :

image.png.416d6c46aeb7c5a063e3941e185f5ff9.png

Unfortunately, in windows, my SSD is very slow for no apparent reason. Earlier, i wanted to download cinebench R24 to really see just how powerful this machine is. BUT it took 7 minutes to extract a 1.2GB zip file using the built in windows explorer extractor.

Using Winrar, it finished in about 30 seconds or so which is reasonable. But i am having a very hard time understanding why my SSD is at 2 percent usage and my write speeds are in the KB when the only open applications are Chrome, PowerToys, File explorer (duh), and itunes music. 

Just wondering if anyone in the tech community can figure out why Windows 11 sucks more than it did on my i9 9900k and Samsung 850evo sata SSD with 16gb of ram.

I can attach phone pictures of the write speeds as well as what task manager was reporting if wanted! Thanks ~Jacob

Welcome to the forums!
how fast is 7zip at extracting?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

45 minutes ago, XtraJelly said:

Unfortunately, in windows, my SSD is very slow for no apparent reason. Earlier, i wanted to download cinebench R24 to really see just how powerful this machine is. BUT it took 7 minutes to extract a 1.2GB zip file using the built in windows explorer extractor.

Using Winrar, it finished in about 30 seconds or so which is reasonable. But i am having a very hard time understanding why my SSD is at 2 percent usage and my write speeds are in the KB when the only open applications are Chrome, PowerToys, File explorer (duh), and itunes music. 

If the disk usage is slow, this feels like other software issues. 

Do a reinstall of windows if you haven't already, I"d try not to use the included windows install with bloat. 

Also turn of any antivirus for testing, as they can really slow down disk io in windows.