Can you increase the default BIOS screen resolution in VMware?

I think the default BIOS screen resolution in VMware is 640x480. It's upon the OS to actually increase it. Stuff like consoles which use the BIOS screen are limited to that resolution I think. 

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

I think you can configure it through the display settings for vmware. It should be called default res or something. Btw is vmware for personal use or are u using it for other purposes? If it was the former and your on linux virt manager with qemu is a way better option in terms of performance and there is little to no lag on the vm in my experience 

@goatedpenguin

I couldn't find such a setting. I can only set the maximum resolution and Vram. Also, upon researching, I found that Qemu is faster, but VMware is way faster in 3D graphics acceleration. So, I should stick to Vmware?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

No, because BIOSes are always at VGA resolution regardless of connected monitor (not counting the graphical BIOSes on some new motherboards) to ensure compatibility between a wide, wide, wide range of GPUs and monitors.

2 hours ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

@goatedpenguin

I couldn't find such a setting. I can only set the maximum resolution and Vram. Also, upon researching, I found that Qemu is faster, but VMware is way faster in 3D graphics acceleration. So, I should stick to Vmware?

Qemu has better integration with gpu passthrough