Does an External usb 20gbps that isn't an m.2 exist?

As the title says, I'm looking to have a backup drive that can utilize my computer's sole gen2x2 usb slot for faster backups so I'll feel more compelled to back up more often. Problem is I'm having issues even finding something like this that can store up to 6tb if possible.

If you want something with 2x2 interface you can only really go up to 4TB, and past that there's few options at any speed. The Samsung T5 Evo 8TB costs about 540£ and has 3.2 gen 1 speed. The T9 goes up to 4tb and has USB 3.2 2x2 interface and costs 387£. There does seem to be an 8TB drive with a 2x2 interface called Exascend Explorer Portable SSD, but it costs about 1600£. There's also the OWC 8TB express, but that's just a PCIE 4.0 m.2 SSD in a fancy shell and costs about 1100£ from B&H.

Ooo okay, thanks alot! Guess I'll settle with either low speeds or saving up for individual backup externals for each of my internal drives separately

How long are your backups taking?

I'd just get a external HDD. Cheap, and plenty fast for most backups. With incremental backups you  only have to backup the changes, so most backups should be pretty fast.

I'd love to set up incremental backups again! But without sync toy idk how... Otherwise trying to back up my entire game and art drives takes about a few hours

Actually I read something about Back4all, anyone know about that one? Is it worth getting the full $60 license for my use? Or just the bare minimum?

4 hours ago, Dazreiello said:

I'd love to set up incremental backups again! But without sync toy idk how... Otherwise trying to back up my entire game and art drives takes about a few hours

Synctoy seems to be eol so probably time to move to something else. Robocopy should work pretty simmilar, and only copy changed files, making this much faster.

Otherwise, I'd use veeam for full disk backups with incremental.