Thoughts on Bing vs. Google for search and other services in 2024

I switched from Chrome to Edge late last year because I was getting tired of Chrome’s browser dominance and wanted to see if Edge could get its act together. I transferred everything over and haven't looked back. But now I find myself straddling a gap between these two companies and their services. I believe Bing as a web and image search engine is much better nowadays, but I have reservations sometimes. Bing Maps is so ugly and awkward compared to Google Maps. Bing's search operator functionality is so poor compared to Google's. It will often choose when it feels like acknowledging my quotations around words, and lacks more granular query parameters in search. 

Bing’s Copilot search is in a league of its own compared to Google’s “SGE, generative AI in Search” labs setting, which was hardly functional when I tried it. They're shoehorning unfinished and unpolished stuff everywhere and making half-baked decisions - like Gemini for android as the "assistant" over the legacy assistant. It reminds me of when Intel realized they had real competition for the first time in a while. They seem panicked, and rightfully so.

Also, Microsoft's free tier account storage only being 5GB is so insultingly small that I only use OneDrive for syncing documents on my Windows machines, and that's it. 

What are your thoughts about Microsoft vs. Google? Do you prefer any alternatives to what Google has to offer, or are you also finding yourself using it for the certain things they excel at? 

ps: I'm new here, so go easy on me! I'm curious what the community thinks about this