How should I allocate storage space for my triple boot?

We all share a home computer at home. (I have a laptop that I use for school stuff but this is about the computer) My family need Windows for their day to day tasks(Ive tried converting them but they wont lol) There is a 256gb ssd on there. I was considering having a triple boot with Windows 10 LTSC, Vanilla Arch with a tiling window manager ( my primary OS ), and Nobara for gaming. There is also a 512gb HDD that I would like to use primarily for storing files, not programs(this is for all 3). How much storage should I allocate for each OS on my SSD?
***My family members do not install any large programs on windows. Just the occasional productivity app or some small games (The software they install might account to around 30GB but nothing more)***
Arch will be my primary OS. I will be playing Minecraft and Terraria. I was hoping for a majority on Arch and equal space on Nobara and Windows.

this sounds like a very convoluted setup just because you refuse to use windows...

but.. realisticly you should consider at least ~100GB or so for windows, if you want to stick all 3 on a 256GB SSD that leaves you with 150-ish GB to divide between your two linux OSes of choice (why...)

so... 100, 100, 50-ish?

I don't think a 256GB SSD is enough for three operating systems, but if you want to try I think 128 GB for Windows and 64 GB each for Arch and Nobara would be your best bet. If you really want to expand the Arch space at all costs perhaps 96 GB for Windows, 128 for Arch, and 32 for Nobara? I absolutely would not try to shrink the Windows partition any more than that, and even 96 will probably be a tight squeeze.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

this sounds like a very convoluted setup just because you refuse to use windows...

but.. realisticly you should consider at least ~100GB or so for windows, if you want to stick all 3 on a 256GB SSD that leaves you with 150-ish GB to divide between your two linux OSes of choice (why...)

so... 100, 100, 50-ish?

Its the LTSC version. Im really not sure it would require that much. As I mentioned, there is a 512gb hdd for file storage. The SSD is only for base os and program files. 

5 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

I don't think a 256GB SSD is enough for three operating systems, but if you want to try I think 128 GB for Windows and 64 GB each for Arch and Nobara would be your best bet. If you really want to expand the Arch space at all costs perhaps 96 GB for Windows, 128 for Arch, and 32 for Nobara? I absolutely would not try to shrink the Windows partition any more than that, and even 96 will probably be a tight squeeze.

Windows will barely be used only for some windows specific applications. thats it. realistically it will only be used for kerbal space program and valorant

1 minute ago, mushroomed said:

Its the LTSC version. Im really not sure it would require that much. As I mentioned, there is a 512gb hdd for file storage. The SSD is only for base os and program files. 

yes, you need that much. presuming your family members use the computer at all and you dont want to disk cleanup it every week.. you need that much.

LTSC doesnt affect install size, it's just about features that are or are not enabled. also - your biggest problem regarding install size is the users. browser cache, appdata in general, ...

yes, you could theoretically get away with a lot less, but the less space you have, the more time YOU will be spending cleaning up. i have a windows 10 VM with a 60GB drive.. it's workable, but it's defenately not ideal.. and that's single user for literally 3 applications, of which two are webbrowsers.

3 minutes ago, mushroomed said:

realistically it will only be used for kerbal space program and valorant

you just named over 30GB of applications, disregarding the size of the save files and downloaded content for KSP.

yes.. you could stick the software on the 512GB drive.. but at that point just stick the windows install there, and partition off a shared data partition at maybe 150GB C: and 380GB D: or whatever it comes out to.

or.. just make it easy on your family for once, and just use the 512GB drive for windows, and mount it in your linux environments for shared storage.

15 minutes ago, manikyath said:

yes, you need that much. presuming your family members use the computer at all and you dont want to disk cleanup it every week.. you need that much.

LTSC doesnt affect install size, it's just about features that are or are not enabled. also - your biggest problem regarding install size is the users. browser cache, appdata in general, ...

yes, you could theoretically get away with a lot less, but the less space you have, the more time YOU will be spending cleaning up. i have a windows 10 VM with a 60GB drive.. it's workable, but it's defenately not ideal.. and that's single user for literally 3 applications, of which two are webbrowsers.

you just named over 30GB of applications, disregarding the size of the save files and downloaded content for KSP.

yes.. you could stick the software on the 512GB drive.. but at that point just stick the windows install there, and partition off a shared data partition at maybe 150GB C: and 380GB D: or whatever it comes out to.

or.. just make it easy on your family for once, and just use the 512GB drive for windows, and mount it in your linux environments for shared storage.

My family all have their own laptops. This desktop will be used rarely by them sooo. The HDD is pretty slow so really do not want to run Windows off of it. Im sorry if i sound dumb but im kinda new to this whole space

29 minutes ago, mushroomed said:

My family all have their own laptops. This desktop will be used rarely by them sooo. The HDD is pretty slow so really do not want to run Windows off of it. Im sorry if i sound dumb but im kinda new to this whole space

oh, i saw 512 and just assumed SSD.. because spinning rust is usually rounded.

so.. everyone has laptops, the desktop is rarely used by anyone.. is it that before mentioned laptops cant run the games, or is there more to it?

either way.. that case i go back to 100/100/50 split. 

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

oh, i saw 512 and just assumed SSD.. because spinning rust is usually rounded.

so.. everyone has laptops, the desktop is rarely used by anyone.. is it that before mentioned laptops cant run the games, or is there more to it?

either way.. that case i go back to 100/100/50 split. 

Wow alright then! Thanks for your help