It’s time to kill the Playstation 5

Other James

Next lets kill xbox and get all most of this console nonsense out of the way.

14 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

Giant ugly computer

I would rather have this in my living room than a PS5. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Even if I were ok with a loud eyesore in my living room, I don't think the others in my house would be.

10 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

Even if I were ok with a loud eyesore in my living room, I don't think the others in my house would be.

The PS5 is unironically more of an eyesore to me than this. This is just a black box. It's big, yes, but your eyes slide ride over it. Sony designed the PS5 to draw attention and be difficult to hide in an entertainment center because they have always had this desire to be a "prestige" brand that people will want to show off to impress others.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

25 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The PS5 is unironically more of an eyesore to me than this. This is just a black box. It's big, yes, but your eyes slide ride over it. Sony designed the PS5 to draw attention and be difficult to hide in an entertainment center because they have always had this desire to be a "prestige" brand that people will want to show off to impress others.

I certainly don't like the PS5 either. I've got the XBreadBin.

50 minutes ago, Middcore said:

I can respect that, I can also put up with it bc you can definitely shop around for a better looking one BUT to me, I wouldn't want to have to deal with windows glitching out or crashing if it's in the living room bc then i have to fix it. if it's in my bedroom that's different bc i'm the only one using it.

58 minutes ago, Middcore said:

$30 get's you a low end new PC case.

I like their choice to go with this case. Making clear that even this abomination is enough to get a functional PC.

People never go out of business.

Should have gone for a western digital sn850x  ssd simlar price as 970 evo plus but speed link a ps5..   

50 minutes ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

I like their choice to go with this case. Making clear that even this abomination is enough to get a functional PC.

Technically you don't even need a case at all. If you are crafty enough you can use the motherboard box lol

I don't use consoles because they are boring. I like playing games with mods and you cant often do that on consoles.

I feel like the title and opening of this video is misleading. Linus admits at the end you can't really beat a PS5 for price/performance yet and probably won't be able to for a couple more years.

3 hours ago, AbsoluteWoo said:

I feel like the title and opening of this video is misleading. Linus admits at the end you can't really beat a PS5 for price/performance yet and probably won't be able to for a couple more years.

Yeah I had the same thought

Now do it again properly, with the same budget, factoring in:

1. a quality gaming controller (an XBox one or a decent third party one)
  2. a Windows 11 license
  3. not cutting corners with old or second-hand hardware (case/PSU/keyboard/mouse)

The controller and operating system are included with the PS5 with its purchase price. You just need a TV and probably an Internet connection. It's disingenuous to not compare like for like.

36 minutes ago, AShugg said:

2. a Windows 11 license
  3. not cutting corners with old or second-hand hardware (case/PSU/keyboard/mouse)

The controller and operating system are included with the PS5 with its purchase price. You just need a TV and probably an Internet connection. It's disingenuous to not compare like for like.

>$8 xbox 360 controller at thrift store
>$0 adapter diy
>arrrrr windows fer freee
?

2 hours ago, AShugg said:

2. a Windows 11 license

Why is a windows license necessary? You can run Windows just fine without one.

16 hours ago, AShugg said:

2. a Windows 11 license

1: Literally any controller can be used on PC, PS3,PS4,XBOX1, A-series XBOX controllers are great 3rd party controllers that are cheap. And yes you can make them wireless with just using a bluetooth adapter which is literally 9$.

2: You don't need a windows license to run windows. And any "restrictions" you'll get are mostly just customizable stuff. This can easily be bypassed with Reg-edit and a few videos.

3: Not sure why "cutting corners" is a bad thing. People keep thinking you need to buy "new" when in reality used is about as great as new in majority cases. There is new reason to buy a new PS5 or XBOX series X if you just buy it used which is damn near 50% or 80% off in most cases.  It's the same reason why people are not buying brand new cars anymore and just grabbing used, there is no point in buying something new that immediately loses value.

4: PC is unmatched when it comes to freedom of choice. You can literally get any games you want, wanna play GBAs? Get a few emulators and games then, wanna play PS2? Get Emulator and start playing, obviously not everything has a emulator and microsoft consoles are a little behind when it comes to emulation. But there are tons of stuff you can play w/o paying a dime.

plus tons of sites for cheap computer games as well. dirt cheap.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

So...That's what Joel looks like with clothes on...

15 hours ago, SImoHayha said:

1: Literally any controller can be used on PC, PS3,PS4,XBOX1, A-series XBOX controllers are great 3rd party controllers that are cheap. And yes you can make them wireless with just using a bluetooth adapter which is literally 9$.

2: You don't need a windows license to run windows. And any "restrictions" you'll get are mostly just customizable stuff. This can easily be bypassed with Reg-edit and a few videos.

3: Not sure why "cutting corners" is a bad thing. People keep thinking you need to buy "new" when in reality used is about as great as new in majority cases. There is new reason to buy a new PS5 or XBOX series X if you just buy it used which is damn near 50% or 80% off in most cases.  It's the same reason why people are not buying brand new cars anymore and just grabbing used, there is no point in buying something new that immediately loses value.

4: PC is unmatched when it comes to freedom of choice. You can literally get any games you want, wanna play GBAs? Get a few emulators and games then, wanna play PS2? Get Emulator and start playing, obviously not everything has a emulator and microsoft consoles are a little behind when it comes to emulation. But there are tons of stuff you can play w/o paying a dime.

plus tons of sites for cheap computer games as well. dirt cheap.

Who hurt you?

17 hours ago, SImoHayha said:

Haha, if you want to torture yourself, feel free to use bluetooth peripherals. Switching from bluetooth to the official dongle on the xbox controller for example is night and day.

It's always the same cycle.

Console companies negotiate exclusive deals promising guaranteed multiyear bulk purchases, so the hardware manufacturers prioritize them when it comes to access to their latest prototype architectures that aren't released to anyone else yet. At launch consoles offer astonishing price to performance ratios, and usually only very high end PCs can beat them. Skip two or three generations of PC hardware(like 4-5 years) forwards, and consoles are now lagging noticeably behind PCs built with used mid tier parts from a year or two ago, and by the end of console's life cycle basically any modernish PC will outperform a console. Then the cycle repeats when the next console generation is released.

I still remember PC forum users panicking over Xbox 360 specs when they got announced, followed by condescending mockery a few years later.