New wireless headset sounds good in general, but very tinny in-game

gigabyter

I've just bought a pair of JLab GO Work wireless headset and they sounded good when i tried listening to music and look at some LTT-videos on YouTube.

But when i play Call of Duty, they sound very tinny all of a sudden.

I also noticed that when i was listening to music and had opened Sound and clicked on the tab  "Playback" it sounded good, but when i clicked the tab "Recording" it got all tinny.

I've read that Bluetooth headsets has issues with the microphone impacting the sound quality of the playback sound somehow, but there's a special dongle that comes with this headset that you connect it through, so it doesn't really count as Bluetooth though, does it?

Is there anything i can do or do i have to disable the microphone when i'm playing games?

Check in your sound settings - a lot of "work" bluetooth headsets can display as two different devices - one proper quality, one in landline phone quality.

3 hours ago, gigabyter said:

I've just bought a pair of JLab GO Work wireless headset and they sounded good when i tried listening to music and look at some LTT-videos on YouTube.

But when i play Call of Duty, they sound very tinny all of a sudden.

I also noticed that when i was listening to music and had opened Sound and clicked on the tab  "Playback" it sounded good, but when i clicked the tab "Recording" it got all tinny.

I've read that Bluetooth headsets has issues with the microphone impacting the sound quality of the playback sound somehow, but there's a special dongle that comes with this headset that you connect it through, so it doesn't really count as Bluetooth though, does it?

Is there anything i can do or do i have to disable the microphone when i'm playing games?

It says nothing about 2.4 wireless connection just bluetooth acording to the specs. Bluetooth do sound tinny on my PC when connecting for example my Galaxy Buds2

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)