EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Swesmile

Hello!

I'm planning on building a new pc and wondering whether or not I should re-use my psu from 2016, will I run in to problems with the cables not working with my new stuff and is it potentielly harmful for the new components?

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 11.14.23.png

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 22.02.09.png

I'm still using my EVGA G3 750W from 2017 and even ran a heavy OC with 400W just on a GPU on my 6800 XT and previously 450W with XOC BIOS on 1080ti. Still runs fine. These PSUs had like 7y warranty so it should be still fine, especially if you're not going to run it at full load which I doubt is even possible given the system components you have.

Cables haven't changed at all. The only thing you may miss is the new PCIe power connector for the new NVIDIA cards but they do include adapter.

Also it may not be as efficient on idle/low load as new PSUs would be... if that matters to you.

EDIT:

actually seems like there is 10y warranty on these and is supposed to last at least 100,000h of operation (or over 11y 😄 ) so I think you should be fine

https://www.evga.com/products/Specs/PSU.aspx?pn=eac89383-65ea-4fd4-925e-fc6d7480dcb7

Thanks for the reply! Now I just have to take my old pc apart and remember what cables go with the psu lol, im a complete scrub at this but how hard can it possibly be right. Do you by chance know how many cables go with the psu? I've got a lot of cables that I dont know goes to what and I think I've mixed them up lol.

13 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I'm still using my EVGA G3 750W from 2017 and even ran a heavy OC with 400W just on a GPU on my 6800 XT and previously 450W with XOC BIOS on 1080ti. Still runs fine. These PSUs had like 7y warranty so it should be still fine, especially if you're not going to run it at full load which I doubt is even possible given the system components you have.

Cables haven't changed at all. The only thing you may miss is the new PCIe power connector for the new NVIDIA cards but they do include adapter.

Also it may not be as efficient on idle/low load as new PSUs would be... if that matters to you.

1 minute ago, Swesmile said:

Thanks for the reply! Now I just have to take my old pc apart and remember what cables go with the psu lol, im a complete scrub at this but how hard can it possibly be right. Do you by chance know how many cables go with the psu? I've got a lot of cables that I dont know goes to what and I think I've mixed them up lol.

Check the edit and link in my original comment. It also includes cable length and how many of each cable there are. 

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Check the edit and link in my original comment. It also includes cable length and how many of each cable there are. 

you are fantastic, thanks!

28 minutes ago, Swesmile said:

you are fantastic, thanks!

Its a great PSU. I used to have one but sold it to one of my pals. He is still using it in his Ryzen 5800X rig with RX 6700 XT. I bought it back in late 2016. Never had an issue with it. Using a 750 G3 in my current rig. Also consider getting a ATX sized motherboard for ATX case. Will look much better. I can recommend Gigabyte B650 Gaming AX

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

33 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Its a great PSU. I used to have one but sold it to one of my pals. He is still using it in his Ryzen 5800X rig with RX 6700 XT. I bought it back in late 2016. Never had an issue with it. Using a 750 G3 in my current rig. Also consider getting a ATX sized motherboard for ATX case. Will look much better. I can recommend Gigabyte B650 Gaming AX

Good to hear that my friend back in 2016 had good parts in mind, it shows because the pc lasted 8 year. Sad to part ways with it to be honest.