Best computer mice.

CastletonSnob

I'd like to buy a computer mouse in case my current one dies. What do you recommend? I've tried Logitech, but their mice double click after a few months, and I've tried Microsoft mice, but they only last a few months too.

5 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

I've tried Logitech, but their mice double click after a few months

meanwhile, my mx master 2S is some 5-ish years old (?)

the switches are starting to get a touch vague with click and drag on occasion, but i dont think i've ever had a double click.

7 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

I'd like to buy a computer mouse in case my current one dies.

why would it die?

a good gaming mouse is simply one that has good build quality and fits good in your hand, also is sold as a gaming mouse, any known brand works really,

their advertising is little bit over the board of what anyone uses, but they most certainly will use good sensors and stuff, because if a Pro player uses their mouse, that's a free marketing, so they have to make reliable mice...

7 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

I've tried Logitech, but their mice double click after a few months, and I've tried Microsoft mice, but they only last a few months too.

sounds like you're an aggressive clicker, I have G403 Hero Logitech for 3 years now, and still no doubleclicks, it's a little worn out, but it's core functions are still working

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

meanwhile, my mx master 2S is some 5-ish years old (?)

the switches are starting to get a touch vague with click and drag on occasion, but i dont think i've ever had a double click.

idk if doubleclick is brand related

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

I like my razer viper 8khz ultralight
it has one of their best sensors, but in a wired mouse for less than 60 bucks.
it also has side buttons which I dont even consider a mouse worthy of existing if it doesnt.
this one is so happy of it there is side buttons on either side which comes in handy because I am comfortable using a mouse with either hand

2 minutes ago, podkall said:

idk if doubleclick is brand related

different brand mice have different brand switches in them, and not all switch brands are created with equal ratings...

but generally, any decently made mouse these days will have switches that have plenty of lifespan for all but the most click-addicted league players.

30 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

their mice double click after a few months

I've had this with the wireless mice, but all I have to do to fix it is power cycle it. At this point I have 5 G604's deployed

Regardless, mice  (like keyboards) are extremely situation and preference dependent. I like having a lot of thumb buttons while my bestie wants the absolute lightest one possible. Wired or wireless? Grip style? What's the most important feature for you?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

39 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

I'd like to buy a computer mouse in case my current one dies. What do you recommend? I've tried Logitech, but their mice double click after a few months, and I've tried Microsoft mice, but they only last a few months too.

I have many Logitech mice in the house, some have had the double click issue. I just replace the switches. Once I've replaced the switches with upgraded switches, I've yet to have another one fail.

If you have a mouse that you like, and the only thing wrong with it is the switches, just replace the switches. A screwdriver set, replacement switches, a soldering iron + wick, and mouse feet is going to be cheaper than a whole high end mouse. 

:)

I've also had mice that, when I would scroll down, my cursor would scroll up for a second and scroll back down.

23 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

I have many Logitech mice in the house, some have had the double click issue. I just replace the switches. Once I've replaced the switches with upgraded switches, I've yet to have another one fail.

I've been using a Logitech G303 for the past 8 years and it starting double clicking and having trouble registering a held down button about 3 years ago.  The solution is to replace the switches or take them apart and clean them.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

different brand mice have different brand switches in them, and not all switch brands are created with equal ratings...

but generally, any decently made mouse these days will have switches that have plenty of lifespan for all but the most click-addicted league players.

I play League, my mouses never broke to cause the double click

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti