How to seperate screen into quadrants

ITALIAN_SOUL

Hi, I am looking to take my main display output and split it into 4 quarters, and output each one of those quarters to its own display, I'm bad at explain stuff so for example: say you are playing 4 player Mario kart split screen and you want to give each player their own display.
Is there a hardware/software solution for this?

If you have windows 11 installed you can hit windows+z and that is an option. Maybe this is close enough to what you want?

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

1 hour ago, ITALIAN_SOUL said:

Hi, I am looking to take my main display output and split it into 4 quarters, and output each one of those quarters to its own display, I'm bad at explain stuff so for example: say you are playing 4 player Mario kart split screen and you want to give each player their own display.

What GPU do you have?

If this is for something running on that PC then it should be as simple as connecting those displays, setting them as clones and overlapping them in the right spots over the primary screen in display settings.  Or at least that's how it used to work.

You wont be able to do this all from a single GPU though as they can't handle that many displays.

If it needs to work from the output of something else such as a console, it would need to be a hardware solution.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

11 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

If this is for something running on that PC then it should be as simple as connecting those displays, setting them as clones and overlapping them in the right spots over the primary screen in display settings.  Or at least that's how it used to work.

You wont be able to do this all from a single GPU though as they can't handle that many displays.

If it needs to work from the output of something else such as a console, it would need to be a hardware solution.

27 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

What GPU do you have?

Sounds like I very much misunderstood the question lmao

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

35 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Can't most modern cards do 4 displays? They have 4 outputs. I assume that they should be able to run them all at the same time assuming that they don't exceed the maximum resolution.

2 hours ago, TylerD321 said:

If you have windows 11 installed you can hit windows+z and that is an option. Maybe this is close enough to what you want?

I'm still rocking windows 10

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

What GPU do you have?

Its a 3060 12G

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

If you know of any hardware solutions that would be great?

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Can't most modern cards do 4 displays? They have 4 outputs. I assume that they should be able to run them all at the same time assuming that they don't exceed the maximum resolution.

If I recall correctly usually only three can be used at the same time.  There are 4 in total because usually one of them is HDMI to be used instead of a displayport.  A few cards have 5 which again you can only have a mix of 3 different displays.

If you know of any hardware solutions that would be great?

Its going to be very very expensive, as doing that with low latency is not easy.

For something like Mario Kart, emulation is the better option as Windows should let you clone the screen easily and you can run it at higher than normal resolution.  I've run Mario Kart 8 at 4K in Yuzu though granted that was on an RTX 4090!

You'll need to have some monitors on the iGPU or another cheap GPU to drive them too as I believe NVIDIA cards only support 3 monitors at the same time.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

If I recall correctly usually only three can be used at the same time.  There are 4 in total because usually one of them is HDMI to be used instead of a displayport.  A few cards have 5 which again you can only have a mix of 3 different displays.

Its going to be very very expensive, as doing that with low latency is not easy.

For something like Mario Kart, emulation is the better option as Windows should let you clone the screen easily and you can run it at higher than normal resolution.  I've run Mario Kart 8 at 4K in Yuzu though granted that was on an RTX 4090!

You'll need to have some monitors on the iGPU or another cheap GPU to drive them too as I believe NVIDIA cards only support 3 monitors at the same time.

Good to know thanks, I've managed to get 4 displayed working without issue on my card

5 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Max is 4 on NVIDIA, not 3.

Only thing I can think of if the game outputs one display divided in to 4:

Is to connect 4 identical resolution screens, then set up the 4 monitors as one desktop, (in a grid, 2x2, in software, dont have to be physically) and then it should match up so that one player have one display.

I think?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

17 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Only thing I can think of if the game outputs one display divided in to 4:

Is to connect 4 identical resolution screens, then set up the 4 monitors as one desktop, (in a grid, 2x2, in software, dont have to be physically) and then it should match up so that one player have one display.

I think?

In theory yes, although its a long long time since I tried and I remember games being a pig about what actual screen they are on.  Though with borderless window being so common for full screen now, it perhaps is a lot easier?