Yahoo accounts hacks

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

Change your password. Use a unique password that you have not used on other websites.

Enable two factor authentication. There are free apps for your phone that will provide 2FA such as Authy and Google Authenticator.

Check your recovery options in account settings to ensure that an attacker hasn't enabled a recovery method that would allow them access to the account after you change your password (such as changing your secret question or setting up another email as recovery email)

Ensure that your PC is free from spyware and viruses. If your computer is infected it could be sending passwords or login tokens to attackers allowing them access.

If you have used the same password you used for your Yahoo account on any other websites then you should change the passwords on those other websites as well. Attackers will attempt to use your email & password on other websites as well. Use unique passwords for each website. Enable 2FA on websites which provide it.

When i can exepect hacks to stop.

I restore ymail account for two three days same error on android app or Windowsa website.

Sometimes happend in morning i restore my account and same day at night againg get hacked.

Its disturbing,i hope that will stop that.But i dont know when? 

Can i get more about ymail hacks,detailed about when hacks will finaly stop i need to use my email.

Thank you 

I know thats way to save restore option.

But i use that and again i get error of account and only chose i have is to restore account.I do that,but it happend too many times

Change your password. Use a unique password that you have not used on other websites.

Enable two factor authentication. There are free apps for your phone that will provide 2FA such as Authy and Google Authenticator.

Check your recovery options in account settings to ensure that an attacker hasn't enabled a recovery method that would allow them access to the account after you change your password (such as changing your secret question or setting up another email as recovery email)

Ensure that your PC is free from spyware and viruses. If your computer is infected it could be sending passwords or login tokens to attackers allowing them access.

If you have used the same password you used for your Yahoo account on any other websites then you should change the passwords on those other websites as well. Attackers will attempt to use your email & password on other websites as well. Use unique passwords for each website. Enable 2FA on websites which provide it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, warelz said:

I know thats way to save restore option.

But i use that and again i get error of account and only chose i have is to restore account.I do that,but it happend too many times

I've been using IUPAC organic chem compounds for passwords, sufficiently long, difficult to guess, and helps me remember compounds for my Organic Chem Course. 

I've got a family member who refuses to use a unique password, it's all lowercase, 9 characters, and has been in like 20 data breaches.

I recovered my email account on yahoo email.Thanks all fox.I was early seted 2fa with app and with number that didnt work i had breached.

Now i seted auth app.I will report is all goes well after few days.

Tonight my yahoo accounts on mobile are loged out. I log in with 2fa and i step in like in again please secure your accont and must to change my password . All again