Why my dual 5-ghz/2.4 ghz wifi USB is recognizing all 5/2.4 ghz wifi networks except my wifi network?

JohnGold3510

My wifi is Inkling5 it's showing on my android mobile, but on my new dual wifi USB in my laptop it's not showing šŸ˜”

20240210_234523.jpg

20240210_234530.jpg

Screenshot_20240210-234543_Settings.jpg

try replugging the router, this helped me when i had same problem

also i have tp-link 300, so it might be the same problem

2 minutes ago, bal723 said:

How meaning?!

By restarting my router?!

9 minutes ago, bal723 said:

I restarted the router, still same not showing šŸ˜”, maybe because I connected to McDonald's wifi using Gmail it's not showing?

17075959266557010658944075615705.jpg

10 minutes ago, bal723 said:

I'm even so close to the router and it's still not showing, my luck is soo blšŸŒ‘cked! šŸ˜”

17075961269002748222359423178993.jpg

14 minutes ago, bal723 said:

I'll try iobit and driverpack software update driver, it should work! šŸ˜”

What level of security is your router using? If for example it is using WPA3 without the downgrade turned on and that device doesn't support wpa3... it will never work.

44 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

What level of security is your router using? If for example it is using WPA3 without the downgrade turned on and that device doesn't support wpa3... it will never work.

Supporting 256 QAM tech and WPA2 PSK

17076010353327931971550255648132.jpg

Screenshot_20240211-013740_Settings.jpg

49 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Actually it have WPA3-Personal and it's still not detecting, I wastedĀ 16.34 dollars on this šŸ—‘ wifi USB:( šŸ˜”

17076013765204901151990593048959.jpg

Otherwise in ubuntu it will only show my 5ghz network called Inking5! šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

17076015966436833814508437141531.jpg

55 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

It can be wifi channel number difference as well!

2 hours ago, JohnGold3510 said:

It can be wifi channel number difference as well!

Well part of the 5Ghz spectrum is shared with Radar, that would be the DFS channels. There might be a possibility your router is currently using a DFS channel and maybe the WIFi adapter doesn't support those channels. From my understanding to have DFS support generally requires extra certifications and many companies are cheap bastards, so they wont have support for those.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.Ā 

7 hours ago, BecauseRussia said:

Maybe dumb question, but did you check for any drivers from TP-Link for the WiFi USB?Ā 

True, yh I downloaded them many times even from driverpack and restarted my laptop many times still same! šŸ˜ž maybe my laptop is hacked or infected by McDonald's wifi I used my mobile I used to usb tethering my laptop in my home wifi as well, I'll download and scan it using malwarebytes! And ubuntu!Ā šŸ˜ Ā if both my methods failed I'll wait tommorow to catch up My 5ghz network called Inkling5! šŸ˜ 

1707638629943395490972592884568.jpg

Ahhh šŸ˜ƒ, maybe it's because also I'm using old version of windows 11 21h2 šŸ˜ƒ that's why it's not showing my network, but if I upgrade to windows 11 23h2 it will show my network and half! šŸ˜ƒ

17076426646805726708760688287006.jpg

6 hours ago, JohnGold3510 said:

maybe it's because also I'm using old version of windows 11 21h2

Nope. Im still running Windows 10 and can see all my networks. 5Ghz WiFi has been around a long ass time. It could be a a driver issue, I do know thats been a thing with Windows for a while, WiFi drivers having issues. One way to fix this is try older drivers, because some times the newer ones dont work.

Ā 

It could be as I stated in my previous post, maybe the adapter doesn't support the DFS channels on 5Ghz. One way to check is see if your router is running on one of those channels, if so change it.

Ā 

If the WiFi adapter doesnt see any 5Ghz WiFi networks is could be just a defective adapter, maybe the 5Ghz radio is damaged.

10 hours ago, JohnGold3510 said:

True, yh I downloaded them many times even from driverpack and restarted my laptop many times still same! šŸ˜ž maybe my laptop is hacked or infected by McDonald's wifi I used my mobile I used to usb tethering my laptop in my home wifi as well, I'll download and scan it using malwarebytes! And ubuntu!Ā šŸ˜ Ā if both my methods failed I'll wait tommorow to catch up My 5ghz network called Inkling5! šŸ˜ 

Try forcing the 5GHz broadcast channel on the wireless router itself to channel 36, 40, 44, or 48 and the channel width to 40MHz/80MHz. [Source]

8 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

Try forcing the 5GHz broadcast channel on the wireless router itself to channel 36, 40, 44, or 48 and the channel width to 40MHz/80MHz. [Source]

Ahh, I'll check with the old 2017 driver versionĀ 

11 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Nope. Im still running Windows 10 and can see all my networks. 5Ghz WiFi has been around a long ass time. It could be a a driver issue, I do know thats been a thing with Windows for a while, WiFi drivers having issues. One way to fix this is try older drivers, because some times the newer ones dont work.

Ā 

It could be as I stated in my previous post, maybe the adapter doesn't support the DFS channels on 5Ghz. One way to check is see if your router is running on one of those channels, if so change it.

Ā 

If the WiFi adapter doesnt see any 5Ghz WiFi networks is could be just a defective adapter, maybe the 5Ghz radio is damaged.

Actually, I took a look on the USB itself it is a slightly little bit curvy bend, and I don't think he change it, because once the package is opened it can't be returned and the bill no return policy items mentioned on it šŸ˜«Ā just a simply a very simple purchased bill šŸ˜žĀ no it's showing all 5 ghz wifi networks except mineĀ 

17077076295826577091149870719162.jpg

17077076791002606313734973095852.jpg

Ā 

17075959266557010658944075615705.thumb.jpg.1a1fd2c396e2974ee342fb38d5eca932.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

No, I think it has DFS, for sure it has!Ā  Because it has IEEE 802.11ac and all above!Ā 

Screenshot_20240212-072003_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240212-072014_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240212-072021_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, JohnGold3510 said:

Because it has IEEE 802.11ac and all above!Ā 

If you read my post, you would know that the DFS channels fall in to parts of the spectrum used by Radar. Like Weather radar. So the router cant be using those channels if radar is present. Not all devices support the DFS channels because it requires special certifications from the government. My $200 Synology RT 2600AC for example doesnt support those channels from what I have seen. These special certifications costs extra money because the government has to verify that these devices have a mechanism to stop interference with radar, so many companies just go without.

Ā 

Furthermore I did see references on the same model USB adapter your using that the EU version doesn't have DFS support. It literally takes 2 seconds to log in to your router and verify what channel its using. If its part of the DFS channels then you change it. If it works then you know the adapter doesn't have DFS support. If it doesn't then it could be a issue with the adapter, such as a bad 5Ghz radio.

Ā 

Ā 

This hub it might bented my USB a little bit! That's why it's not detecting 5 ghz networks well or less!

17077093764917199798250401389262.jpg

20 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

If you read my post, you would know that the DFS channels fall in to parts of the spectrum used by Radar. Like Weather radar. So the router cant be using those channels if radar is present. Not all devices support the DFS channels because it requires special certifications from the government. My $200 Synology RT 2600AC for example doesnt support those channels from what I have seen. These special certifications costs extra money because the government has to verify that these devices have a mechanism to stop interference with radar, so many companies just go without.

Ā 

Furthermore I did see references on the same model USB adapter your using that the EU version doesn't have DFS support. It literally takes 2 seconds to log in to your router and verify what channel its using. If its part of the DFS channels then you change it. If it works then you know the adapter doesn't have DFS support. If it doesn't then it could be a issue with the adapter, such as a bad 5Ghz radio.

Yh, it's so weird šŸ¤”, yesterday it was detecting some 5 ghz networks, today it's only detecting 2 ghz networks, guess that computer shop sold me a defected product, ill telephone him after an hour approx when he open, if he could change it for me otherwise I buy another tp-link ac600 from other computer shop, I shouldn't purchased at his shop or I must have took first order in the shelve it wouldn't be defected, because usually last products in the shelve which are visible they are defected :(, anyways I learned this lesson of purchasing after I purchased a damaged item! šŸ˜ž

17077098659481616044589475505748.jpg