Why my dual 5-ghz/2.4 ghz wifi USB is recognizing all 5/2.4 ghz wifi networks except my wifi network?

JohnGold3510

So I went to the computer shop, the USB is working fine, it detected his 5 ghz router in the computer shop but mine in my room it's not detecting 5 ghz only 2 ghz it's detecting, so yes u guys are right, it could be this European adapter doesn't support my router dfc channel and it could be my dlink router old it's dlink DIR-853/ET old 2016, I went to its page, and not sure if this tplink ac600 old as well 

On 2/13/2024 at 10:36 AM, JohnGold3510 said:

So I went to the computer shop, the USB is working fine, it detected his 5 ghz router in the computer shop but mine in my room it's not detecting 5 ghz only 2 ghz it's detecting, so yes u guys are right, it could be this European adapter doesn't support my router dfc channel and it could be my dlink router old it's dlink DIR-853/ET old 2016, I went to its page, and not sure if this tplink ac600 old as well 

I think you are misinterpreting the information being presented and becoming overwhelmed. If you're learning about DFS channels for the first time, read more about it here, paying attention to the last 2 segments...

Warning: Just because a router allows for DFS channels does not mean DFS channels can be used:

Warning: Not all Wi-Fi clients are DFS capable!

I do not believe your hardware is too old to work. They both have limitations, but that doesn't mean they can't work together within those limitations. Some quick Google searches on Linux forums returned results that seem to suggest that the Archer T2U does not support 5GHz channels above 116. This is not a driver limitation; it's a hardware limitation. If you know your DFS or weather radar channels, you'll realize that from channels 52-116 are within that range (particularly in North American countries) and, since you should try to avoid this range whenever possible, you're only left with channels 36-48 to work with. Do you recall my previous recommendation?

As you've proven to yourself already, using the Archer T2U at the shop worked on 5GHz but not at your home. The shop's 5GHz broadcast is probably already on a compatible channel that your adapter can "see", but your DIR-853 at home is likely broadcasting on a channel that your adapter cannot "see". Most wireless routers will allow you to change the broadcast channel, and support for channels 36-48 is ubiquitous. So log in to your DIR-853 and, under advanced wireless settings, change the 5GHz WiFi channel to a channel within that range instead of "auto". Apply and wait for a few minutes to see if your adapter picks up the signal.

Also consider that these mini adapters typically perform poorly as their antennas are tiny, the reception is much worse than physically larger devices.

It also appears to only be 1x1 spacial streams which means the speed is half what your router likely supports and will also make reception worse.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 4:12 PM, Alex Atkin UK said:

Also consider that these mini adapters typically perform poorly as their antennas are tiny, the reception is much worse than physically larger devices.

It also appears to only be 1x1 spacial streams which means the speed is half what your router likely supports and will also make reception worse.

Yes correct, Intel Dual 5 ghz Wifi/Bluetooth card is better but more costly 

On 2/18/2024 at 6:06 PM, Falcon1986 said:

I think you are misinterpreting the information being presented and becoming overwhelmed. If you're learning about DFS channels for the first time, read more about it here, paying attention to the last 2 segments...

I do not believe your hardware is too old to work. They both have limitations, but that doesn't mean they can't work together within those limitations. Some quick Google searches on Linux forums returned results that seem to suggest that the Archer T2U does not support 5GHz channels above 116. This is not a driver limitation; it's a hardware limitation. If you know your DFS or weather radar channels, you'll realize that from channels 52-116 are within that range (particularly in North American countries) and, since you should try to avoid this range whenever possible, you're only left with channels 36-48 to work with. Do you recall my previous recommendation?

As you've proven to yourself already, using the Archer T2U at the shop worked on 5GHz but not at your home. The shop's 5GHz broadcast is probably already on a compatible channel that your adapter can "see", but your DIR-853 at home is likely broadcasting on a channel that your adapter cannot "see". Most wireless routers will allow you to change the broadcast channel, and support for channels 36-48 is ubiquitous. So log in to your DIR-853 and, under advanced wireless settings, change the 5GHz WiFi channel to a channel within that range instead of "auto". Apply and wait for a few minutes to see if your adapter picks up the signal.

No, we'll see if the ISP wanted to upgrade our router this year

2 hours ago, John1Michael5 said:

Huh?

7 hours ago, John1Michael5 said:

I'm confused, we figured out the problem is likely the router is set to a channel the adapter does not support, so changing the router wont make any difference.  You need to change the channel the router is using.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

5 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

Huh?

Through Checkups, if they wanted to do some checkups, i mean to say if they have new/latest router update, they come to us upgrade our old dlink DIR-853/ET to latest one i dont what its name it could be!

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I'm confused, we figured out the problem is likely the router is set to a channel the adapter does not support, so changing the router wont make any difference.  You need to change the channel the router is using.

Yes ill let them know about if they have latest router to upgrade through checkups, if they wanted to do some checkups, i mean to say if they have new/latest router update, they come to us upgrade our old dlink DIR-853/ET to latest one i dont what its name it could be!

4 hours ago, John1Michael5 said:

Yes ill let them know about if they have latest router to upgrade through checkups, if they wanted to do some checkups, i mean to say if they have new/latest router update, they come to us upgrade our old dlink DIR-853/ET to latest one i dont what its name it could be!

Its not generally their job to deal with this sort of thing, they may just tell you to buy a compatible adapter.  This is something you should be able to solve yourself by logging into the router.

3 hours ago, John1Michael5 said:

Are you from "the shop" that @JohnGold3510 is referring to?

Are you trying to sell router upgrades to @JohnGold3510 in hopes that it solves their problem?

Not seeing the point you are trying to make.

7 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

That's what reset your password is for, a second account is likely to get both banned.

6 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

Are you from "the shop" that @JohnGold3510 is referring to?

Are you trying to sell router upgrades to @JohnGold3510 in hopes that it solves their problem?

Not seeing the point you are trying to make.

no this @John1Michael5 is my second account, @JohnGold3510 is first account i created it, i cant reset its password to delete my @JohnGold3510 account

20 minutes ago, John1Michael5 said:

its my second account actually, the @JohnGold3510 is the my first account, i want to delete but i forgot my password, i cant access to it! 😞

That's what reset your password is for, a second account is likely to get both banned.

8 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

no this @John1Michael5 is my second account, @JohnGold3510 is first account i created it, i cant reset its password to delete my @JohnGold3510 account

9 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

i have no access to @JohnGold3510

On 2/12/2024 at 4:22 AM, JohnGold3510 said:

No, I think it has DFS, for sure it has!  Because it has IEEE 802.11ac and all above! 

Screenshot_20240212-072003_Chrome.jpg

If this is your adapter, and your router is running WPA3 on 5Ghz i understand why you can't see it

11 hours ago, Robchil said:

If this is your adapter, and your router is running WPA3 on 5Ghz i understand why you can't see it

There is no mention of WPA3 support for the DIR-853 line of wireless routers.