Can i use DEDICATED GPU as INTERGREATED

Blazepoint5

Hey okey let me explain can i use dedicated gpu as intergreated? I have a gpu rx 580 gigabyte model and the ports are not working all and where i live, i cant find anywhere to fix it so i was wondering if i can use the gpu as intergreated.  I once saw a video long ago on youtube showing how to use does gpus that have no ports as intergreated and if i could remember the guy said you must have a cpu with intergreated gpu in it for the method to work.

So i want to do same on mine but i couldn't find a way to do it, if you have any idea a video pls share 

The title makes no sense. It's still a dedicated GPU. What you're asking is: Can I use the ports on my motherboard to output an image produced by my dedicated GPU.

I think you can achieve this in software, but you'll still also need an iGPU (that is physically attached to these ports), to do the actual output. Basically the image rendered by the dGPU is forwared to the iGPU for output.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

19 minutes ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Hey okey let me explain can i use dedicated gpu as intergreated? I have a gpu rx 580 gigabyte model and the ports are not working all and where i live, i cant find anywhere to fix it so i was wondering if i can use the gpu as intergreated.  I once saw a video long ago on youtube showing how to use does gpus that have no ports as intergreated and if i could remember the guy said you must have a cpu with intergreated gpu in it for the method to work.

So i want to do same on mine but i couldn't find a way to do it, if you have any idea a video pls share 

The important bit is what CPU do you have?

30 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

The important bit is what CPU do you have?

Xeon e5 1620 v3

47 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

The title makes no sense. It's still a dedicated GPU. What you're asking is: Can I use the ports on my motherboard to output an image produced by my dedicated GPU.

I think you can achieve this in software, but you'll still also need an iGPU (that is physically attached to these ports), to do the actual output. Basically the image rendered by the dGPU is forwared to the iGPU for output.

My bad im trying my best to explain the circumstance, not native in English. So how do i archive that?

2 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

I have no idea what OP is sayin

Can I use the ports on my motherboard to output an image produced by my dedicated GPU.

7 minutes ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Can I use the ports on my motherboard to output an image produced by my dedicated GPU.

What board do you have? Those CPUs didn't have iGPUs so your board doesn't have a connection to the iGPU on the CPU. Many boards did have a ipmi with a VGA out that might work, but that might be too much data for those extremly slow GPUs.

By the 580 ports aren't work, are you sure the rest of the GPU is fine? I see it fairly unlikely the ports have died but the compute works fine.

17 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

Thanks bro this really makes sense bro

1 minute ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Thanks bro this really makes sense bro

No problem

23 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What board do you have? Those CPUs didn't have iGPUs so your board doesn't have a connection to the iGPU on the CPU. Many boards did have a ipmi with a VGA out that might work, but that might be too much data for those extremly slow GPUs.

By the 580 ports aren't work, are you sure the rest of the GPU is fine? I see it fairly unlikely the ports have died but the compute works fine.

Im asking the question now so when im done finishing the build, if maybe it dosent work i know what to do, the gpu its used thats why, and the user kept it in a humid place and left for the holidays, but the gpu is good but the io shield is rusted but ive gotten most of it out and the tip of the ports have a little rust so thats why started this thread.

Havent gotten the cpu yet but its an LGA2011 3 im thinking it has xeon e5 1620 v3. Here is the cpu i might be getting.

IMG-20240203-WA0016.jpg

5 minutes ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Im asking the question now so when im done finishing the build, if maybe it dosent work i know what to do, the gpu its used thats why, and the user kept it in a humid place and left for the holidays, but the gpu is good but the io shield is rusted but ive gotten most of it out and the tip of the ports have a little rust so thats why started this thread.

Havent gotten the cpu yet but its an LGA2011 3 im thinking it has xeon e5 1620 v3. Here is the cpu i might be getting.

IMG-20240203-WA0016.jpg

So you don't have a iGPU you can use here.

From that pic I don't see much rust, does it not work at all?

3 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

So you don't have a iGPU you can use here.

From that pic I don't see much rust, does it not work at all?

No my gpu is not here, i would send it if i get home. That processing unit is the one i want to get.

Byt here is the gpu when i got it, this is before i cleaned it.20240124_111341.thumb.jpg.28bf453046cf11adcddebb24bc9fdd72.jpg

On 2/10/2024 at 10:25 AM, Blazepoint5 said:

No my gpu is not here, i would send it if i get home. That processing unit is the one i want to get.

Byt here is the gpu when i got it, this is before i cleaned it.20240124_111341.thumb.jpg.28bf453046cf11adcddebb24bc9fdd72.jpg

Did you just want us all to see your cars beige interior?

Anyways how do you know that GPU works?

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

Didn't LTT buy some old mining card that didn't have any hdmi/dports and made it work through the motherboard? 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

On 2/12/2024 at 3:58 PM, DeerDK said:

Didn't LTT buy some old mining card that didn't have any hdmi/dports and made it work through the motherboard? 

I saw one

On 2/12/2024 at 2:36 PM, Bagzie said:

Did you just want us all to see your cars beige interior?

Anyways how do you know that GPU works?

Nah i sent that picture cause its the only one i have of the gpu.

I don't, as im talking to you now i just finishd building the pc and waiting for the damn electricity to be back and test it and hope things goes my way for once.

Alright im frustrated because i got a gpu and the gpu was hardly used (2yo card), its an rx 580 gigabyte and i plugged it onto my rig and i started finding issues, idk if its the hdmi or the gpu.

I plugged the hdmi to my home tv and the tv was having trouble seeing it, its like the hdmi isn't plugged in to the tv but the gpu spins fine, 

The io ports have rust so idk if its the ports or the gpu is dead because it  showing green noise artifacts all over the screen like some kind of filter. Just like noise but green and all over the screen. That was when i managed to get the tv to see the hdmi but after i saw that i went and chnaged my screen resolution and the sec i did that the tv opted out the hdmi like it wasn't even there.

There is no any physical damages on the gpu, the gpu is seated well as well as the power connectors.

Im really sad because i think the gpu is dead. My pc is dell optiplex 790.

Is it posible to like use the gpu without plugging the hdmi to the gpu, like to use it as intergreated, idk if it makes sense because ive seen some people doing it with portless gpus, they go into bios and do some chnages and the plug in their hdmi to the mobo, i dont think dell bios has that kind of thing but let me know pls.

I spent alot of time, money and effort and seeing the gpu like that made me absolute sad because its my first build and this happening is making me think i have bad omen.

P.s- im nit native speaker hope you understand my English.

1 minute ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Alright im frustrated because i got a gpu and the gpu was hardly used (2yo card), its an rx 580 gigabyte and i plugged it onto my rig and i started finding issues, idk if its the hdmi or the gpu.

I plugged the hdmi to my home tv and the tv was having trouble seeing it, its like the hdmi isn't plugged in to the tv but the gpu spins fine, 

The io ports have rust so idk if its the ports or the gpu is dead because it  showing green noise artifacts all over the screen like some kind of filter. Just like noise but green and all over the screen. That was when i managed to get the tv to see the hdmi but after i saw that i went and changes my screen resolution and the sec i did that the tv opted out the hdmi like it wasn't even there.

There is no any physical damages on the gpu, the gpu is seated well as well as the power connectors.

Im really sad because i think the gpu is dead. My pc is dell optiplex 790.

Is it posible to like use the gpu without plugging the hdmi to the gpu, like to use it as intergreated, idk if it makes sense because ive seen some people doing it with portless gpus, they go into bios and do some changes and the plug in their hdmi to the mobo, i dont think dell bios has that kind of thing but let me know pls.

I spent alot of time, money and effort and seeing the gpu like that made me absolute sad because its my first build and this happening is making me think i have bad omen.

P.s- im not native speaker hope you understand my English.

To start, check the quality of the cables you're using, check the ports you're plugging these cables into. Seeing a shade of color across the screen doesn't sound like a promise for failed components in the card, sound more like a bad connection. If you're lucky and only some particular pins miss the connection on digital carriers you will still see an image, but the whole image may appear slightly off color. 

5 minutes ago, Mentalis said:

To start, check the quality of the cables you're using, check the ports you're plugging these cables into. Seeing a shade of color across the screen doesn't sound like a promise for failed components in the card, sound more like a bad connection. If you're lucky and only some particular pins miss the connection on digital carriers you will still see an image, but the whole image may appear slightly off color. 

I hope so, but do you think its the hdmi port? The gpu has 1 hdmi 3Dp and 1 dvi 

So if im lucky and one of them displays a good image its a win!

The hdmi cable is good because i use it with my laptop connected to tv and it works like butter.

Is there a way for me to use a portless gpu on my dell optiplex 790? 

I have a gpu and the ports have issues so i was thinking if i can use the gpu with out the ports plugged onto the gpu but instead the motherboard. I have seen people doing it by going onto bios and doing some configuration to enable it but i am wondering if dell bios can do something like that.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.

If you have a CPU with a iGPU part, you can turn it on in the BIOS if it's turned off (Intel -F and -KF parts do not have iGPU's) this will let you use the iGPU as a iGPU.

However this does doesn't make a dGPU operate at full performance through the iGPU parts. It's not a laptop with a mux.

But yes, technically you can, but if the "GPU" is portless, it's probably not going to work. If there are no ports, then there is usually no "video hardware".

I'd try to clean the hdmi port out if you are seeing any rust/debris in the port. Isopropyl Alcohol or some sort of "electrical contact cleaner"  and a soft brush, like a toothbrush of similar.
If you have a DVI-HDMI adapter, give that a try.

if that doesn't work you could try pulling the heatsink, cleaning and reapplying thermal paste.
had an issue a few years ago with a RX580 getting intermittent artifacts and cleaning/reapplying thermal paste fixed it for me. 

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5

1 hour ago, Vonrottes said:

I'd try to clean the hdmi port out if you are seeing any rust/debris in the port. Isopropyl Alcohol or some sort of "electrical contact cleaner"  and a soft brush, like a toothbrush of similar.
If you have a DVI-HDMI adapter, give that a try.

if that doesn't work you could try pulling the heatsink, cleaning and reapplying thermal paste.
had an issue a few years ago with a RX580 getting intermittent artifacts and cleaning/reapplying thermal paste fixed it for me. 

Isnt there another alternative of isopropyl  alcohol because I've never seen that thing where i am

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.

If you have a CPU with a iGPU part, you can turn it on in the BIOS if it's turned off (Intel -F and -KF parts do not have iGPU's) this will let you use the iGPU as a iGPU.

However this does doesn't make a dGPU operate at full performance through the iGPU parts. It's not a laptop with a mux.

But yes, technically you can, but if the "GPU" is portless, it's probably not going to work. If there are no ports, then there is usually no "video hardware".

There is ports but the port have issues because of rust and the cpu is intel i5 2500 

I think intel hd 2000 is the igpu