Video transfer iPhone to Windows PC

So what happened was,  I couldn’t find the battery charger for my camera and ended up with an hour 15min interview on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. The video is 9.35 GB and no matter what I try the transfer either times out or arrives at a much much lower video quality when attempting to move to my Windows PC for editing. I am able to take 5-10 min sections of the video and move them but not the full thing. Does anyone know a fix for this or am I going to have to cut up the video on the phone and put it back together on the PC?

4 minutes ago, BadCookies said:

So what happened was,  I couldn’t find the battery charger for my camera and ended up with an hour 15min interview on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. The video is 9.35 GB and no matter what I try the transfer either times out or arrives at a much much lower video quality when attempting to move to my Windows PC for editing. I am able to take 5-10 min sections of the video and move them but not the full thing. Does anyone know a fix for this or am I going to have to cut up the video on the phone and put it back together on the PC?

You could always upload the video privately to Youtube then download the video through a Youtube download website.

There is probably an easier way now but I remember back with my 1st gen iPod I couldn't get my MP3 files over to the PC without using a 3rd party program.

I dont own an iPhone, just spitting an idea 😛

Did you connect the phone via USB cable ?

Did you keep the phone "awake" during the transfer ?

And I believe there's a setting somewhere about quality of the sent files.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

38 minutes ago, BadCookies said:

Try uploading to youtube (unlisted) and then try ripping it back from there, if you run out of options here.

So keeping the phone awake during the sync is key. I have this issue when copying large number of pics for backup.

I know its annoying to keep pressing the screen. I have heard of people playing a low quality 10 hour youtube video to keep it on.

Could possibly work for you.

Run a portable FTP server on the Windows PC, then upload the file using an FTP client on the iPhone. That's basically the same as uploading to a cloud service, but without the middleman. The transfer speed won't be constrained by your Internet connection.

I use this one for transferring files to ancient PCs:

https://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/quick__n_easy_ftp_server.html

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

new phones dont alow you to transfer files from phone to pc... and most likely you have to use a apple app and sync there.

back when the ipod was a thing it was a pita to get files off... and 3rd part software was sus...

but like other said try upload it to youtube and re download it. phones theses days want you to log in to a cloud to transfer it... so they can make a copy of it an archive it. posbly used for ai. 🤷‍♂️

i got a newer androde phone and was like can i transfer files to is by usb...nop. i had to but and type c to micro sc or put the sd in the phone... 🤷‍♂️ makes me want to go to the pawn shop to find a phone to do just that... and you cant buy cameras any more ether... anyway my rant...

anyway i just got 2 of the same phone i had the i no i can transfer from usb thow the camera suxs nuts...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 hours ago, Hinjima said:

You could always upload the video privately to Youtube then download the video through a Youtube download website.

There is probably an easier way now but I remember back with my 1st gen iPod I couldn't get my MP3 files over to the PC without using a 3rd party program.

I dont own an iPhone, just spitting an idea 😛

Uploading to YouTube and downloading ot again do kill the quality tho.

I would rather upload it to some kind of cloud service and then downloading it again.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

What says of transferring the file have you tried already that resulted in timeouts, incomplete files or lower quality files? 

If you have enough space on iCloud, you can just store the video there and download it by logging into https://www.icloud.com/ from your PC and download it from there. It should give you the original quality version. I tested it by recording a short video, transferring the file by directly uploading it to my own storage and by downloading it from iCloud. The files are identical.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

12 hours ago, BadCookies said:

USB, the iPhone will treat it as a file.

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

new phones dont alow you to transfer files from phone to pc... and most likely you have to use a apple app and sync there.

Nope wrong. Phones have to be put in a "USB drive" mode, particuarly on Android, and not "media player mode" or other options.

Basically when you plug in any phone, the computer asks the device what it is, and it responds back with "I'm a hard drive", "I'm a media player", "I'm a toaster", etc. Or somethings it's a "charge only" cable and doesn't communicate at all.

Either way, to use the iphone correctly, you must have iTunes (not AppleTV) installed on the Windows PC. "Internal Storage" will appear when you click on the iphone, and from there it's like any other camera storage

image.thumb.png.8a66bfb7c60d27044b291636f32347ba.png

image.thumb.png.ed1fd8d55edc4b2dc57f2af1084acc15.png

If the quality is bad, it's because you didn't record it in a high quality mode.

image.thumb.png.40272acabe1f21fce20f02e93d4c9b30.png

image.thumb.png.ab95596e3ef4165de9290eaca37b54bb.png

At any rate, while Apple touts the iPhone as a great camera, it's really not a replacement for a camcorder or a photography DSLR.