Need a new headset for the 6th time

Tatsurion53
Go to solution Solved by Dream Driver 47,
4 minutes ago, Tatsurion53 said:

So I have been gaming for a long time and for few years I have been going through headsets like they are water. I literally have tried them a wide range of them from buying $20-$40 random name brand headsets (like the Ozeino Gaming Headset) to spending $60- $100 name brand headset razer or turtle beach, Logitech. what took the cake was that In December of 2023  I spent $130(with warranty) on a  HyperX Cloud II and just an hour ago it broke at the ear band shroud that keeps the metal arm in the band. like I barely had this headset for 2 months and it's broken. It just seems like the more expensive I go the faster I breaks. the only reason why I choose the hyper cloud 2 was because it had a metal band. since the last headset(razer brand) broke at the ear piece and the one before that broke in half dead center. another headset also broke when the mic stopped working. could someone please steer me to a headset that is wired, built in mic, decent features(like surround or noise cancelation) and has the will to live for more than 2 months

Just wanna clarify  all I do with the head set is have it on my head and once I'm not using it it goes on a headset stand. also the reason why I would like a mic on the headset is because I do game on a console with some buds along with play on the pc. also sorry for the incorrect grammar and spelling. currently typing this late at night and am just getting over a cold.

I use the Logitech g pro x wireless headset and I have been for the last 2 years and it served me well so I definitely recommend that one or the new model cause they both seem similar and even through the price might be a bit much it definitely is worth it so I would suggest getting either that or a astro headset as a lot of my friends have them and have had good experiences with them

So I have been gaming for a long time and for few years I have been going through headsets like they are water. I literally have tried them a wide range of them from buying $20-$40 random name brand headsets (like the Ozeino Gaming Headset) to spending $60- $100 name brand headset razer or turtle beach, Logitech. what took the cake was that In December of 2023  I spent $130(with warranty) on a  HyperX Cloud II and just an hour ago it broke at the ear band shroud that keeps the metal arm in the band. like I barely had this headset for 2 months and it's broken. It just seems like the more expensive I go the faster I breaks. the only reason why I choose the hyper cloud 2 was because it had a metal band. since the last headset(razer brand) broke at the ear piece and the one before that broke in half dead center. another headset also broke when the mic stopped working. could someone please steer me to a headset that is wired, built in mic, decent features(like surround or noise cancelation) and has the will to live for more than 2 months

Just wanna clarify  all I do with the head set is have it on my head and once I'm not using it it goes on a headset stand. also the reason why I would like a mic on the headset is because I do game on a console with some buds along with play on the pc. also sorry for the incorrect grammar and spelling. currently typing this late at night and am just getting over a cold.

4 minutes ago, Tatsurion53 said:

I use the Logitech g pro x wireless headset and I have been for the last 2 years and it served me well so I definitely recommend that one or the new model cause they both seem similar and even through the price might be a bit much it definitely is worth it so I would suggest getting either that or a astro headset as a lot of my friends have them and have had good experiences with them

You might want to think about going separate pieces, like standalone mic and a rugged headphone.  I would look at the beyerdynamic dt770 32ohm because they apparently offer all of the pieces as replacement.  Also if you get a 3.5mm mic like the antlion it can be combined with the headphones for the console.  I'm not console savy enough but I think this goes to the controller which I doubt would put out much power.  For a doubling in price you could look at the dt700 pro x which has a higher sensitivity.

Because you are talking about reliability is the only reason I'm highlighting Beyerdynamic, because above all others they are known for such a thing.  I just saw this MMX300 that could be a good option

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission