Disable military time on fake apple watch

i bought the hk8 pro max which is an apple watch replica, but i cant seem to find the option to enable 12 hour time. All the 'tutorials' that i could find seemed to be using an older version of the watch app(wearfit pro) and the toggle is no longer present. please help i dont know how to use military time

There seems to be a companion app for this watch which has the option to change the time to a 12hr clock shown in the vid below:

10 minutes ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

please help i dont know how to use military time

I don't know about the watch, but the 24 hour clock is rather straightforward: the AM hours are 00:00 to 12:00 and the PM hours are 12:00 to 23:59. If the numer is larger than 12, subtract 12 and you know the time in PM. For example, 09:45 is 9:45 AM while 21:45 is 9:45 PM.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, tikker said:

I don't know about the watch, but the 24 hour clock is rather straightforward: the AM hours are 00:00 to 12:00 and the PM hours are 12:00 to 23:59. If the numer is larger than 12, subtract 12 and you know the time in PM. For example, 09:45 is 9:45 AM while 21:45 is 9:45 PM.

Ive almost always used the 24 hour clock rather than the 12 hour one and seemingly everyone else does too, but im genuinely surprised that you cant read the 24 hour clock when it is just a matter of subtracting by 12 for the pm hours

9 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ive almost always used the 24 hour clock rather than the 12 hour one and seemingly everyone else does too

It's a cultural thing. Here in the US, the only people you might find using 24 hour clocks on a somewhat common basis is the military and first responders, I can count on one hand the number of people I've met who use 24 hour clocks and don't fall into one of those two categories. There are other countries where that statistic is reversed and you almost never find people using 12 hour clocks (I know there are parts of Europe like that, though I can't remember off the top of my head which ones specifically). 

It's not hard to learn, the people going into the military will pick it up pretty quickly for instance, though they do take some getting used to if you aren't used to them.

31 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

There seems to be a companion app for this watch which has the option to change the time to a 12hr clock shown in the vid below:

This seems to be an outdated video as the app no longer has the same option in the settings

26 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ive almost always used the 24 hour clock rather than the 12 hour one and seemingly everyone else does too, but im genuinely surprised that you cant read the 24 hour clock when it is just a matter of subtracting by 12 for the pm hours

12 AM vs PM always trips me up with midnight.

17 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It's a cultural thing. Here in the US, the only people you might find using 24 hour clocks on a somewhat common basis is the military and first responders, I can count on one hand the number of people I've met who use 24 hour clocks and don't fall into one of those two categories. There are other countries where that statistic is reversed and you almost never find people using 12 hour clocks (I know there are parts of Europe like that, though I can't remember off the top of my head which ones specifically). 

It's not hard to learn, the people going into the military will pick it up pretty quickly for instance, though they do take some getting used to if you aren't used to them.

We don't even really have the AM and PM qualifiers in a direct sense at all in Europe as far as I know. When speaking it is on the 0-12 scale where it's either clear form context which one or you just say "in the morning/afternoon". Writing and the likes are 24-hours all the way. It wasn't taught to me as "military style" either, but simply analogue and digital clock reading.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

12 AM vs PM always trips me up with midnight.

And also noon

I think i had that enabled on my hand me down zenfone 6 awhile back so yea some confusion when noon and midnight arrives

With the 24 hour clock 12:00 = noon 0:00 = midnight, no confusing the two as they are completely different

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

And also noon

I think i had that enabled on my hand me down zenfone 6 awhile back so yea some confusion when noon and midnight arrives

With the 24 hour clock 12:00 = noon 0:00 = midnight, no confusing the two as they are completely different

But the thing is that you can just use common sense like oh it’s 12 and it is bright outside, it must be noon, like how do you mess that up

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

We don't even really have the AM and PM qualifiers in a direct sense at all in Europe as far as I know. When speaking it is on the 0-12 scale where it's either clear form context which one or you just say "in the morning/afternoon"

In the US it's similar, we only use AM/PM on occasion vocally, usually just saying things like "I'll be there at 9:30 in the morning" or "the show starts at 7." The AM/PM is only really on the digital clocks, at least in my part of the country. 

2 minutes ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

But the thing is that you can just use common sense like oh it’s 12 and it is bright outside, it must be noon, like how do you mess that up

I mean if the room im in has no windows?

45 minutes ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

At the end of the day they serve similar purposes. A problem with a 12-hour clock, for example, lies with noon and midnight: is that 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM? There is no agreement on it. To complicate things further, AM and PM mean before or after noon, so noon itself does not exist. Similarly midnight is as far from the previous noon as the coming noon so is it before or after noon? There can be no "12 AM" or "12 PM" just like there can be no 24:00 in the 24:00 clock. From a table on Wikipedia it even seems the US Government Publishing Office switched from calling noon 12 AM to calling it 12 PM in 2008, so it's not fixed either.

The 24-hour clock removes that "12" ambiguity. The day starts at 00:00:00 and ends at 23:59:59. Something at 9:45 will never be confused for something at 21:45, a country 6 hours ahead will simply be at 15:45 instead of 9:45. You can also argue common sense and say a day has 24 hours, so a 24  hour clock fits well.

1 hour ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

Simple: you are in a different time zone and have to schedule a call with someone. Then the difference between scheduling it for their midnight or noon is substantial.

Yes, you should have some intuitive understanding after a while, but it is just needless potential for confusion. 00:15 and 23:45 are pretty clearly middle of the night, while anything around 12:00 is obviously noon/day.

Same with distinguishing 09/12/2020 and 09.12.2020. Guess there is a reason GxP usually goes to 09-Dec-2020.

10 hours ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

sorry my bad let me rephrase: it is HIGHLY inconvinitent fot me to use military time

You’re using the 24H clock not military time