Is it ok if i leave the power on ?

LilyNightMoon
Go to solution Solved by Tetras,
47 minutes ago, LilyNightMoon said:

can i leave the power point on even when the pc is off ?

Yes, but depending on the motherboard (e.g. USB power-on settings) and your other parts, it might draw a fair bit more power than when fully OFF. It is also more vulnerable to stuff happening on the same circuit (like power surges), but if you live somewhere with reasonable power, then it should be alright.

My psu is taking too long to get the power to all parts, some researching says the psu is failing but my wallet is a clean garden, can i leave the power point on even when the pc is off ?

6 minutes ago, LilyNightMoon said:

My psu is taking too long to get the power to all parts

What's that supposed to mean?

7 minutes ago, LilyNightMoon said:

You can leave your computer plugged in while it's turned off, if that's what you mean. The PSU will power off when your computer is turned off, no way around that.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Wait you are turning your psu off every time?

They aren't really made to do that.

But what donyou mean with it takes long to get powrr to the components?

Please tell us your make and model of psu not just wattage and efficiency

17 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

What's that supposed to mean?

You can leave your computer plugged in while it's turned off, if that's what you mean. The PSU will power off when your computer is turned off, no way around that.

Answering the first half, it takes like 10 minutes or longer for the electricity to be delivered, like my headphones "it glow when there's power" my power on button" it doesn't work unless some time has passed" 

Answering the second half, thanks

Just now, LilyNightMoon said:

Answering the first half, it takes like 10 minutes or longer for the electricity to be delivered, like my headphones "it glow when there's power" my power on button" it doesn't work unless some time has passed"

That's… not how electricity works.

If it takes 10 minutes before something happens after plugging in your power supply, something is seriously wrong with it. Electricity itself moves close to light speed, so there should be no noticeable delay before stuff powers on.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

19 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Wait you are turning your psu off every time?

They aren't really made to do that.

But what donyou mean with it takes long to get powrr to the components?

Please tell us your make and model of psu not just wattage and efficiency

Fantech shadow bsp550 i believe

I turn off the power outlet, im used to do this here where i live everything is on when it's needed or used, everything is off when not needed

Power to the component i mean deliver power to the pc, i know it delivered because my headset rgb for some reasons turns on when the power is delivered even though the pc is off, i can't turn my pc on unless i wait like 10 minutes or more 

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

That's… not how electricity works.

If it takes 10 minutes before something happens after plugging in your power supply, something is seriously wrong with it. Electricity itself moves close to light speed, so there should be no noticeable delay before stuff powers on.

I know how electricity work, it's supposed to be working the moment i turn the electric switch on but seems like my psu is failing "headset rgb keeps blinking for some time before it turns on stable" the headset is the only signal im depending on

47 minutes ago, LilyNightMoon said:

Yes, but depending on the motherboard (e.g. USB power-on settings) and your other parts, it might draw a fair bit more power than when fully OFF. It is also more vulnerable to stuff happening on the same circuit (like power surges), but if you live somewhere with reasonable power, then it should be alright.

3 minutes ago, Tetras said:

Should i turn off usb power-on ? Power usage and stability aren't a problem 

12 minutes ago, LilyNightMoon said:

Should i turn off usb power-on ? Power usage and stability aren't a problem 

If you don't have a wall power meter then it is hard to know what the power use is like (might just be a watt, or two, or less), but I would if it was me, yes.

1 minute ago, Tetras said:

If you don't have a wall power meter then it is hard to know what the power use is like (might just be a watt, or two, or less), but I would if it was me, yes.

I see, thank you for helping

55 minutes ago, LilyNightMoon said:

Fantech shadow bsp550 i believe

I turn off the power outlet, im used to do this here where i live everything is on when it's needed or used, everything is off when not needed

Power to the component i mean deliver power to the pc, i know it delivered because my headset rgb for some reasons turns on when the power is delivered even though the pc is off, i can't turn my pc on unless i wait like 10 minutes or more 

Sure looks like a garbage specialnpsu to me.

That 10m thing yeah ok so replace asap with a QUALITY psu.

Got a budget for it?

Thisnis screaming will kill your pc to me

Just now, jaslion said:

Sure looks like a garbage specialnpsu to me.

That 10m thing yeah ok so replace asap with a QUALITY psu.

Got a budget for it?

Thisnis screaming will kill your pc to me

Thanks for the advice but i don't live on a golden mountain as i pointed "my wallet is a clean garden"

2 hours ago, LilyNightMoon said:

That's the standard, nobody would usually turn power sockets off.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2