Idea for correctly handling superchats

rijenkii
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

At this point, I think Linus is pretty clear that they won't be active with Twitch/YT donations. Besides broken system, its sharing revenue with platform. Though it has been asked before whether they could add tip jar style option for those who don't want merch, but would like to throw money to the screen anyway.

As for your question, they don't answer all questions. Some are skipped, some are forwarded to correct person within the team, some get typed answer and just scratch gets answered on stream. If you want latter, then you need to have really good question and some good luck.

Has LMG tried using YouTube's API to monitor superchats?

One streamer that I watch (PirateSoftware) uses streamerbot to monitor superchats on yt and bits on twitch through their respective API.

I feel like it should be possible to use if not streamerbot then some in-house solution to monitor superchats.

I don't really want to buy merch just to ask a question, especially because it won't be shipped to my country anyway (embargoed).

Hope I don't come off as a downer, but I don't think they are going to spend time trying fixing other's software now that they have their inhouse one working pretty well now (not considering Dan's long term finger-health).

At this point, I think Linus is pretty clear that they won't be active with Twitch/YT donations. Besides broken system, its sharing revenue with platform. Though it has been asked before whether they could add tip jar style option for those who don't want merch, but would like to throw money to the screen anyway.

As for your question, they don't answer all questions. Some are skipped, some are forwarded to correct person within the team, some get typed answer and just scratch gets answered on stream. If you want latter, then you need to have really good question and some good luck.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 hours ago, rijenkii said:

Has LMG tried using YouTube's API to monitor superchats?

One streamer that I watch (PirateSoftware) uses streamerbot to monitor superchats on yt and bits on twitch through their respective API.

I feel like it should be possible to use if not streamerbot then some in-house solution to monitor superchats.

I don't really want to buy merch just to ask a question, especially because it won't be shipped to my country anyway (embargoed).

What about a gift card? That's like a superchat, but you could use it / give it away later on.