Newbie here and needs help in picking an action camera

So yeah, I'm not some pro and would only be using the camera when we are travelling, which is mostly on swimming or free diving(not that good yet). Currently, I'm seeing discounts, so my choices are go pro hero 12 black for a converted price of $340, go pro hero black 11 for $320, and the go pro hero black 10 for $240. I feel that with the price differences, 11 would be out, since it's too close to the 12's price. My question is, in regards to my use case, should I just get the hero 10? or is it worth it to spend another $100 to get hero 12? By the the prices are already tax included.

And what's your opinion about Insta 360 One RS? It's also at the same price of the hero 10. Lastly, should I also consider go pro hero 11 black mini? Same with insta 360 one rs, it's price is similar to hero 10.

If you don't see yourself "frequently" using the camera, get the Hero 10 or another similar "older" model. That way you aren't paying top tier price for the latest and greatest, when the 10 should be more than enough to start venturing into recording your adventures. Give that some time and see if it's truly something you see yourself doing more of, and if the latest and greatest is worth it to you at that point in the future.

I was in a similar situation, I wanted to record some disc golf sessions with the crew and pulled the trigger on an older go pro 8, I'm happy I did go for the cheaper one as I really don't end up using it all too much. It's nice to have, but sometimes the extra hassle of actually filming/editing takes away from my enjoyment of just going out and disc golfing.