White Monitor Upgrade?

Yaboiicey

Hello everyone! First time on the forums, I'm looking to upgrade my current ugly 17 inch gray tn panel monitor to a newer white monitor. Why white? Well I have a white keyboard, a white mouse , a white case .. I think you get the point but the main thing is the monitor has to be white.

All you need to know :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specs - i5 2400 , 8GB RAM, GTX 460v2 1GB with mini HDMI and DVI , I do have a DVI-VGA adapter as well

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I am looking for - White Monitor, Resolution at least 1080p, great picture quality, response time doesn't matter, 23in+, Widescreen

Budget - 250ish maybe up to 300

Used for - Gaming, photo editing, watching videos

I have searched everywhere and it is really difficult to find a good white monitor . Some other options would be painting a black one or even a TV

I wouldn't get a TV for a computer monitor, just a bad idea that has been explained before and better than I could. If you want to know why, use a little Google-Fu and enlighten yourself.

As per a white monitor, you best and probably only bet, would be to paint your own. Just look up a guide on how to paint plastic, de-bezel the monitor you get, and you should be set for a fun weekend.

Completely agreed with Ekmod on repainting. I don't think there are a lot of white monitors nowadays.

Completely agreed with Ekmod on repainting. I don't think there are a lot of white monitors nowadays.

Alright what about this monitor, I can just repaint the front bezel

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116530

I forgot what kind of paint I should use and where to buy it. I only remember that it starts with a K

Alright what about this monitor' date=' I can just repaint the front bezel [url']http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116530 I forgot what kind of paint I should use and where to buy it. I only remember that it starts with a K

Pretty nice monitor. I don't know if 120Hz is a concern for you. You said you game, photo editing, watching videos.

When you say "photo editing" what kind? Are you doing professional kind? Casual? ... color reproduction might be something you have to take into consideration when shopping for a monitor as your preferred monitor would probably be a IPS monitor.

If you're looking to game with low amounts of latency (ms) it would be a TN. 120Hz is amazing on first person shooters.