i have NEVER played "family". i dont even know what game it is. the face there is just so unnerving i don't wanna click it. how is this possible?

PiselloNegro69

idk what that is, this is all I could find

https://familygame.bandcamp.com/track/easy-tiger-turn-the-hands

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

So it's added to your library with you never playing it? 
Sure someone else hasn't had access to your account? Or, I see a category of games that look to be free with GeForce Now - does this launcher offer free games and automatically put them in your library? 

9 hours ago, PowerPCFan said:

idk what that is, this is all I could find

https://familygame.bandcamp.com/track/easy-tiger-turn-the-hands

it's scary af! like, if it was an actual game there would be SOME trace of it but nope, nothing. and btw, what does bandcamp have to do with gaming?? of all possible platforms this "game" could be on, it's bandcamp. and it's not even a game apparently, it's an album. tf?

8 hours ago, da na said:

So it's added to your library with you never playing it? 
Sure someone else hasn't had access to your account? Or, I see a category of games that look to be free with GeForce Now - does this launcher offer free games and automatically put them in your library? 

exactly. never heard of it, never played it and no one has had access to my pc/NVIDIA account as far as i know. you'd have to pay for most of the games on that launcher and the free ones are fortnite clones which i never played and never will (i hate battle royale games) so i doubt they'd randomly get added to my library. this all feels so weird

35 minutes ago, PiselloNegro69 said:

exactly. never heard of it, never played it and no one has had access to my pc/NVIDIA account as far as i know. you'd have to pay for most of the games on that launcher and the free ones are fortnite clones which i never played and never will (i hate battle royale games) so i doubt they'd randomly get added to my library. this all feels so weird

Well, I'd try to delete it and change all your passwords for Steam, Nvidia, etc. 

You're right, it's weird that I couldn't find any info about it except for an album on Bandcamp. 

I'd probably click on it because I'd want to know what it is, but you don't have to. 🙂 

Can you right click on it or view an "info" menu of some sort to find out more information about what on earth it is?! 

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

@PiselloNegro69

I FOUND THE GAME!

On the bandcamp link, it mentions someone called Tim Sheinman. 

His bio: 

Tim is a Brighton-based developer and musician. He makes games of all sorts, but some of his favorites involve the lives of musicians. Check them out at tim-sheinman.itch.io. (zoom the webpage out using Ctrl + Minus to 75% after visiting it, it will be much better!)

So he makes games and music. 

After visiting his site, you can scroll down and see a browser game titled "Family - A Detective Game of musical genealogy"

So it's just a random browser game that some guy named Tim made. 

I played it and it's not creepy at all. Just an online game that was apparently reviewed by Eurogamer and PC Gamer also. (The articles were linked on the game page on his site, but even though they look legit I couldn't find them using Google.)

It looks like Easy Tiger - Turn the Hands (the other thing showing up on your screen) is one of his albums.

So now I know what it is. 

I just have no idea why it's showing up in your HP Omen gaming hub. 

• 2 weeks later...

hey, sorry for the late reply, haven't been here in a while!

i clicked on it and it opens Windows Family, which is meant to be a Windows 11 app for time management/parental control. my guess is, for some reason the OMEN gaming hub thought the Family app was a game and then it just took whatever pic it could find online to slap on there in order to show it on my library. thanks for helping me solve this mistery!

• 1 month later...

I came here to post the same thing. LOL