I want to mod my switch

AlexStarr

I want to mode my switch but there are few question i have for it can i go back to a vanila software for the switch after i mod it and how much of a chance can i brick my switch in the middle of modding and can fix my switch if i somehow bricked it

1) What you can do depends on the model and type of switch that you have
2) There is always a chance that something goes wrong
3) You might want to look at a dedicated forum for that.

6 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

1) What you can do depends on the model and type of switch that you have
2) There is always a chance that something goes wrong
3) You might want to look at a dedicated forum for that.

I have like the og switch back when it first released. Any forum recommendation that can be sorta trusted

3 hours ago, AlexStarr said:

can i go back to a vanila software for the switch after i mod it

yes, make sure you install cfw on emunand.
do it at your own risk

3 hours ago, AlexStarr said:

how much of a chance can i brick my switch in the middle of modding and can fix my switch if i somehow bricked it

if you do it correctly, slim to none, however, just like any type of modifications, you do it at your own risk, and your ability to read and follow instructions is critical.
the guide that others have posted is comprehensive, so if you follow the guide precisely you generally will be fine. I would suggest reading through the guide 2-3 times and making sure you comprehend each step, what is being accomplished and why. understand the differences between nand types, and what you are actually installing on your device.

if you have a release switch, the biggest risk is going to be going into RCM mode. When I first did it years ago, i didn't have a 3d printer and it was quite new so the jigs were not as widely available as they are now. I bent a paperclip and while it worked, it slightly scratched up the joycon slot. if you get a jig for a few dollars it will work very consistently. Once you are done with the mod you can use rekado if you have an android phone and usb c cable and you won't need to use the jig anymore.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

20 hours ago, Takumidesh said:

yes, make sure you install cfw on emunand.
do it at your own risk

if you do it correctly, slim to none, however, just like any type of modifications, you do it at your own risk, and your ability to read and follow instructions is critical.
the guide that others have posted is comprehensive, so if you follow the guide precisely you generally will be fine. I would suggest reading through the guide 2-3 times and making sure you comprehend each step, what is being accomplished and why. understand the differences between nand types, and what you are actually installing on your device.

if you have a release switch, the biggest risk is going to be going into RCM mode. When I first did it years ago, i didn't have a 3d printer and it was quite new so the jigs were not as widely available as they are now. I bent a paperclip and while it worked, it slightly scratched up the joycon slot. if you get a jig for a few dollars it will work very consistently. Once you are done with the mod you can use rekado if you have an android phone and usb c cable and you won't need to use the jig anymore.

For the installing a cfw on emunand is there any kind of video guide on it 

1 hour ago, AlexStarr said:

For the installing a cfw on emunand is there any kind of video guide on it 

I do not recommend watching video guides for things like this, they quickly become outdated, and most sources for videos do not follow the practices established by the teams creating the mods and tools.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

Update i have successfully modded it without any hiccups thank you all for the suggestions

Heres a glorious image

20240123_234851.jpg