4K 60FPS video camera under $200?

Just thought I'd throw this out here to you guys; what's the best camera(s) that you can give me that matches or is lower than that price point (in USD)? I've looked before, and found - well, junk they claim is good, but have very small (or just old) sensors. I'll take most anything - used, incomplete, worn (but functional), or brand new - but it has to be good.

If it's too difficult, I could go as high as $300, but I'm on a pretty tight budget, so... hence the question.

The mind of a person with discernment gets knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. Proverbs 18:15 CJB

Do you have other requirements other than 4k60? Focal length? Form factor? Zoom? Lenes?

The options aren't great at 200 USD, so I'd really suggest dropping down to 1080p. Lots of content is 1080 and looks good, and gives you many more options.

I'm looking to one-up my old S10 at some point, as it has been my main camera for three years now, but it does poorly in low-light situations. It also struggles with accurate color depictions (especially blue and green lights).

The mind of a person with discernment gets knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. Proverbs 18:15 CJB

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you have other requirements other than 4k60? Focal length? Form factor? Zoom? Lenes?

The options aren't great at 200 USD, so I'd really suggest dropping down to 1080p. Lots of content is 1080 and looks good, and gives you many more options.

Nope, just sticking to the basics. I'll even take a lens-less camera, if it means I can save money overall.

13 minutes ago, ThankGodItsFriday said:

I'm looking to one-up my old S10 at some point, as it has been my main camera for three years now, but it does poorly in low-light situations. It also struggles with accurate color depictions (especially blue and green lights).

Well yeah not happening for the budget. You can get some older used camera's that obliterate the s10 in quality but they are 1080p only which isn't too big a deal since these are actual camera's instead of tiny little sensors in a phone.

4k actual camera's start at like 500$ used for non shit ones.

17 minutes ago, ThankGodItsFriday said:

Nope, just sticking to the basics. I'll even take a lens-less camera, if it means I can save money overall.

You can probably get 4k60 in a gopro or other action camera, but there pretty wide angle and not great general purpose cameras.

I'd really try to get a list of requirements other than resolution. Resolution doesn't really matter than much typically.

On 1/17/2024 at 11:19 PM, ThankGodItsFriday said:

Just thought I'd throw this out here to you guys; what's the best camera(s) that you can give me that matches or is lower than that price point (in USD)? I've looked before, and found - well, junk they claim is good, but have very small (or just old) sensors. I'll take most anything - used, incomplete, worn (but functional), or brand new - but it has to be good.

If it's too difficult, I could go as high as $300, but I'm on a pretty tight budget, so... hence the question.

A used iPhone 6S/7/8 will probably give the best 4K60FPS for that price, at least if it’s a bright environment.

• 2 weeks later...