Possible ssd or malware issue, not sure.

CoolHotdog76
Go to solution Solved by Chapunna,
2 minutes ago, CoolHotdog76 said:

Thank you, but the anti malware service executable is still using cpu then ram usage. When I try to and the task even when I click open task manager as admin it says “access is denied” 

Your windows is broken, try reinstalling windows if you can, and install drivers from manufacturer site.

First time pc builder haven’t really got a clue what to do.

Cpu:
Ryzen 5 5600 

Graphics card:

Gigabyte Eagle 6600

Motherboard:

Msi b550m pro-vdh Wi-Fi

RAM:

16gb ddr4 3200mz 

PSU:

Thermal Take 600w

ssd:

ediluca 1tb

When I first built the pc everything worked fine was fairly fast but after a few days it just started to be really slow and a lot of games crash on the loading screen but the few games that do work go really slow.

Double and triple checked and all bios and drivers should be up to date.

It’s not an overheating issue, all the temps are below 50 C on everything.

crystal disk said my ssd was fine but some reviews on my motherboard said they unscrewed they unscrewed their ssd a little from the heat sinc and everything worked fine but I did it and it blue screened but I fixed it.

i ran a full Norton 360 scan and nothing turned up but I’m still not entirely convinced

yesterday on the main account on my pc I got some pop ups for a split second that said system 32 at the top that were completely black and after they went away I couldn’t react with anything and not when I sign in on that account everything is black and I can’t do anything.

im at a loss here and don’t know what to do. This is obviously a budget build and I really don’t wanna take it to a shop so if I could fix it myself in anyway I would be very grateful.

edit: just tried to load up another game and there is very noticeable coil whine when it attempts to load up (but inevitably doesn’t load)

DONT USE NORTON! Norton slows down your pc a ton. It is no longer a good option. I bet you uninstalling norton will fix your issues. It worked for my friend. You don't really need an antivirus but if you want one just use free malwarebytes. Good luck!

Open task manager when it is running slow and see if there are any processes using a lot of CPU or RAM or disk. If it is a rogue program you should be able to see it. Try updating your motherboard chipset drivers too early AM4 chipset versions are very unreliable. 

Open task manager and upload photo of your screen if you can.

12 minutes ago, _MIATA_ said:

DONT USE NORTON! Norton slows down your pc a ton. It is no longer a good option. I bet you uninstalling norton will fix your issues. It worked for my friend. You don't really need an antivirus but if you want one just use free malwarebytes. Good luck!

Made it a little faster but still having problems thanks for the tip though

7 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

Open task manager and upload photo of your screen if you can.

IMG_0958.thumb.jpeg.25e05c255bd58a1f9a10ed80822b9992.jpeg

Antimalware Service Executable is part of Windows Defender and always runs in the background.  The amount of memory shown is the same on my PC.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

1 hour ago, CoolHotdog76 said:

IMG_0958.thumb.jpeg.25e05c255bd58a1f9a10ed80822b9992.jpeg

Everything is fine, i have disabled antimalware service executable on my pc and it runs better, try disabling real time protection in antivirus settings and see, it may help you.

I always disable antivirus in my pc, becouse it will perform better, you dont need antivirus if you act good and download everything on trusted site.

1 minute ago, Chapunna said:

I always disable antivirus in my pc, becouse it will perform better and lighter, you dont need antivirus if you act good and download everything on trusted site.

How do I disable the antivirus, I tried through windows security but it still shows up

1 minute ago, CoolHotdog76 said:

How do I disable the antivirus, I tried through windows security but it still shows up

Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and then Virus & threat protection > Manage settings. ...

Switch the Real-time protection setting to Off and choose yes

2 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and then Virus & threat protection > Manage settings. ...

Switch the Real-time protection setting to Off and choose yes

Thank you, but the anti malware service executable is still using cpu then ram usage. When I try to and the task even when I click open task manager as admin it says “access is denied” 

Your windows is broken, try reinstalling windows if you can, and install drivers from manufacturer site.

3 minutes ago, CoolHotdog76 said:

Yes antimalvare service executable still uses ram and cpu, but it wont scan anything and pc wont be slowed down.

4 minutes ago, CoolHotdog76 said:

Dont and never install any antivirus, it will make your pc slower.

Just now, Chapunna said:

Dont and never install any antivirus, it will make your pc slower.

Ok, but the problem is still there. Should I try reinstalling windows like you said? And will this delete all my data? 

Ok, but the problem is still there. Should I try reinstalling windows like you said? And will this delete all my data? 

If you want to keep your data then dont format ssd while installing windows.

3 minutes ago, CoolHotdog76 said:

Only way you have is reinstalling windows

Windows 10 is more optimized and better than windows 11

Windows 10 is more optimized and better than windows 11

Ok thank you, I am on windows 11 and bought a license key so I’ll probably stick with it, do you know a YouTube tutorial that will help me to do it and keep my data?

Ok thank you, I am on windows 11 and bought a license key so I’ll probably stick with it, do you know a YouTube tutorial that will help me to do it and keep my data?

You have flash drive that has windows 11 setup installed?

You have flash drive that has windows 11 setup installed?

Yes

4 minutes ago, CoolHotdog76 said:

Yes

Start installation as usual, like how you did last time, and when you come to this click directly next, and dont format your ssd, your data wont be deleted.

use-windows-setup.png

7 minutes ago, CoolHotdog76 said:

Yes

And one question, windows installs fast? On my ssd windows installs in 5 mins

Do I first have to untinstall windows? Last time I just plugged the usb in and turned it on and it booted to the install of the usb but when I try that is boots to the homescreen