How did you guys get your first PCs

Flight1sim

Did you guys save up or beg or just not get a PC?

My parents don't believe in giving me money, instead I have to show that I am responsible and interested in learning about things besides school.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Someone in my familiy died and I could have his PC.

It was a Core 2 Duo with a really bad GPU.

Got my first PC when I was 3 years old... in 1992... My Dad got it from his friend who bought a new PC for his office... and since I was the only one using it at that time... you can say it was "my" PC. xD

I paid the initial cost of my computer but my mom has paid for all my upgrades. She'd rather keep me happy on my computer and in my room all day than have me out causing trouble

I got my first PC when I was 14, my grandma bought it for me for school. It was a HP Pavilion 6350

It literally was this one, with a DVD rom instead of a CD rom

19980827_hp_pavilion_6350s_zps818b2adf.j

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I asked all my relatives for money for Christmas and bought my LAN machine with that money.

I truly am a spoiled little prick  :D

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

My dad had been working at the company for 15 years and he got a free top of the line pc, but he already had a beast machine. So I got it! Pentium 4 with a 6800 gtx AWWWW YEAH! Still runs today.

I have 5 older brothers. They range 8 to 20 years older than myself. Grew up with computers and as I got older my brothers would just build machines for me and they would send upgrades over and that lead me to figuring out how to install parts, etc. This was when most of you were not even born and or in diapers lol.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

first pc was a pentium 1 when I was still in the Philippines around 3-5 years old (I recall it's a pentium 1 not sure still a kid) but if it's my first own pc then it's a custom build pentium 2 which my father helped me with finances I didn't begged him I asked him and while saving my allowance + dad's cash = new pc yay.

Live your life like a dream.

The amount of trojans we had back in the days... Oh, and when someone calls home the internet gets disconnected. It was a gift from my parents, IIRC it was Acer.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

The first pc I had to myself to do whatever I wanted, and what sparked my interest in tech was a hand me down from my parents. It was an old Compaq Presario in the early 2000's.

post-42526-0-99553000-1400651689.jpg

It's not this exact one, but it looked just like it. It had an AMD Athlon cpu, and I don't remember anything else about it. I loved it. I wish I still had it, for shits and giggles.

post-42526-0-99553000-1400651689.jpg

>Christmas is coming
>Has a huge family with 5 aunts and too many cousins to remember them all that is very close.

>Asks for individual parts from each member. 
>Gets most expensive parts (CPU+GPU) from parents.

>Builds PC on Christmas day. Asserts Alpha-Tech dominance in the family.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

My dad got a commodore amiga thingy. Got it after he upgraded. I also got the epic 512kb's of ram upgrade  B)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well I started using the family PC wich was a core 2 duo Pc at 3.0ghz and 3gb of ram I think and when I was 12 I saved up enough money to get the HP Dv6700 was a beast laptop with a nvidia gpu lol ive beek using it until 2 months ago where it Stoped working...ssince then I've been using my phone until I build my first pc wich will be at the end of this month

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

My first personal PC was from my parents. It was a HP laptop (forget the make and model. its somewhere in my house)  They gave it to me when I came home from school one day. My first custom built PC was only 6 months ago and I love it. I've had computers in my house for as long as I can remember since my Dad is in the IT business. When most people barely had one PC in their homes we had two. I've been a lucky duck when it comes to computers.

Absolutely first? 6 year old laptop from my dad. It wouldn't stay upright, had missing keys, had no wireless connection and would shut down every once in a while.

First desktop build? Saved money from work for 4 months.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I got my first pc because my mom got me a dvd writer for Christmass one day so that I could backup and copy ps1 games (my ps 1 was modded and we had nowhere close by to buy games from nor did we have money for them.) however she did not know that you required a pc to use it, when I opened my gift I was excited and disappointed at the same time, I told her what the problem was (still being grateful) and I told her I'll keep it till I can one day use it. My dad bought a cheap celeron D pc from an auction a few months later for the house and I was able to use that for my copying purposes. and I started by installing my own dvd drive into that sytem and going from there. 

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

my parent bought it for me because i needed it for school but went a bit overboard and yea...

My first PC was an old 10 year old "central computers" PC with an Athlon 64, 512mb or ram and an ASUS TNT2 vanta

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

A compaq with a P4 when it just came out.

Parents bought it.

I was like  :o

I passed my high school exam so my dad bought me one.

Wait no that's not true.

It was 3 months before my exams and my dad bought me a PC, worst timing ever but I actually made it.

:D