Novel Idea for Motherboards

So while I was showering before I had an amazing idea that I'm unaware any motherboard has done. So before I say what it is I'll saw what my inspiration was.... (oh the suspense :)

Now we all know Corsair makes fans now right? We all know that Corsair's AF and SP have those replacement rings? (blue, red, white)

Well here is the idea that I'm interested in hearing everyone's thought (would be awesome reading what Slick/Linus would say) on.

What if motherboard manufacture's included swappable coloured plates for the heatsinks ie: Northbridge and Southbridge much like the rings on Corsair's fans that the end user could either paint/anodize and than install onto the heatsink?

So there it is thoughts?

Personally I would consider a ROG board if the heatsinks weren't red. The board would preferably have matte black pcb/dimm slots/sata ports/pcie slots but that's alot to ask for :)

So discussion??

Including many heatsinks in the package will increase the price. But maybe selling different color heatsinks separatelly is not a bad idea.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

Best idea for a motherboard would be a right angle 24pin, I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DONT DO IT

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Including many heatsinks in the package will increase the price. But maybe selling different color heatsinks separatelly is not a bad idea.

That's the idea, they could include it with the mobo and just charge a little more for the board

Best idea for a motherboard would be a right angle 24pin, I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DONT DO IT

Right angle USB 3 and 24pin how could I forget :p but haven't we complained about that already :)

Some EVGA motherboard does that, but yeah your right, that would be amazing to be standard!

Angled connector on the motherboard is only good when you plug your cables in from behind the motherboard tray (in a case that supports routing the cables that way). It would be much much worse for people who don't run cables that way to use angled motherboard connectors than it would be for the rest of you to use the straight connector.

Angled connector on the motherboard is only good when you plug your cables in from behind the motherboard tray (in a case that supports routing the cables that way). It would be much much worse for people who don't run cables that way to use angled motherboard connectors than it would be for the rest of you to use the straight connector.

That is true but for high end motherboards, which would be used in a good case with cable management it wouldnt be a problem

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I would love to see this! Great idea man!

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Asus Sabertooth Z77 - Intel Core i7 3770K - Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz 8 GB

The problem is a lot of them use colored DIMM slots and PCI slots as well. They'd have to use only black/grey for those and color on only the heatsinks. Which I'd be ok with, personally.

Same here, would make colour co-ordination so much better

I would love to see this! Great idea man!

thanks man, unfortunately I have no way to influence/present idea's to mobo companies :/

Yeah.  Honestly I wish manufacturer's would just make black and grey boards.  There's been a few from Gigabyte, in their X79 and FM2 lineup, and I hope they continue with that, they look so nice... I'd like someone to make a board like that without the cheesy text they put on their VRM heatsinks though, I never liked having "Ultra Durable" and "Military Class" printed in big letters next to my CPU socket.

thanks man, unfortunately I have no way to influence/present idea's to mobo companies :/

That sucks does'nt it?

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Asus Sabertooth Z77 - Intel Core i7 3770K - Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz 8 GB

That sucks does'nt it?

yeah. I have a few idea's but Australia isn't really ripe with tech jobs

Yeah. Honestly I wish manufacturer's would just make black and grey boards. There's been a few from Gigabyte, in their X79 and FM2 lineup, and I hope they continue with that, they look so nice... I'd like someone to make a board like that without the cheesy text they put on their VRM heatsinks though, I never liked having "Ultra Durable" and "Military Class" printed in big letters next to my CPU socket.

fair enough nd good call on GB x79 nd FM2 line up.

So while I was showering before I had an amazing idea

Lol, best ideas always come from the shower deep-thought process

Wit is educated insolence.

Lol, best ideas always come from the shower deep-thought process

there was a meme on facebook that went something like 30 min contemplating the universe 2 min washing. i was thinking tech at the time though :)

I really wouldn't mind paying a little extra to have different colouring options for parts. Maybe different colour PCB colours and heatsink colours. Dat colour coordination.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Yes.... Genius, all black pcb and slots with some interchangeable accents and switchable LEDs. If this doesn't happen I'll be dissapointed. 

Yes.... Genius, all black pcb and slots with some interchangeable accents and switchable LEDs. If this doesn't happen I'll be dissapointed. 

and the thing is they can still differentiate themselves on the design aspect but the colour can be user customized...

Just letting you put metal trims of different colors on the heat sinks would be better than letting you replace the whole heat sink. Replacing motherboard heat sinks is pretty hard to do.

This has to be the best idea I've ever heard :0

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Just letting you put metal trims of different colors on the heat sinks would be better than letting you replace the whole heat sink. Replacing motherboard heat sinks is pretty hard to do.

I wouldn't say hard but i see your point. Ordinary people that use PCs will be afraid to do such an intervention.

Right-Angled 24 pins have been tried, and they were just far too week and the power conduction was hampered slightly! Although very useful for build efficiency, it wasn't deemed feasible. Unlucky I know! :)