High end liquid cooling PC build (Gaming, 3Dwork, Motion graphic) Opinions Wanted!

Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,
7 minutes ago, Faded7 said:

No didn't get anything yet or order what I mean is that's what I got from the quote the company sent. 

and Yes I'm asking for if the parts are good or I need to change something because I'm really confused on what to do at this point.

As far as computer components go, it's a solid build. Custom watercooling isn't my strong suit as I've only dealt with it a few times in my shop, but everything in the liquid cooling parts look good(to me so take with a grain of salt).

I would say the better option over running it by the users here would be to run it by whoever is going to be assembling it. Microcenter does advanced watercooling builds, however they aren't cheap and that's only if they have a builder at that store that does it. So I'd call ahead or go in and run the parts by them. The list you were given was from the people who were thinking they were going to assemble it, so any extra parts or the specifics for their loop design play into how many fittings, tubes, and parts necessary for the loop. The person doing it at Microcenter may not need as many parts, recommend others, or even think there are too many. It would be best to have them come up with the whole list for you.

Also just to let you know what you are getting into, which I'm sure you're already aware. Longevity and ease of use can be thrown out the window with a custom loop water cooling system. It's more failure points in the system(parts wear out) regardless of quality compared to standard cooling or AIOs and they do require a decent amount a maintenance i.e water filing, cleaning, etc. But it will be a wicked cool(in more ways than one) system.

Budget (including currency): $10k

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, 3Dwork, Motion graphic

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Hello,

I asked a quote from a case company outside the U.S that also do custom builds but the labor + shipping+ a unite made for the case shipping will cost me way too much.

I live in US, TX and this's the parts I got, The reason I didn't make part list is because the liquid cooling system is not in the pcpartspicker,

Hardware: 

Case: Spectre 4 Aevum Limited Edition Water-cooling Case. (I'm aware this case is way overkill and priced). 

CPU: Intel 14900K. (CPU is between this or Threadripper 7980X, also aware of the price difference). 

Motherboard: Asus Z790 Hero Dark. (this also will change depends on the CPU I'm going with). 

Memory: Corsair Dominator RGB 128GB 6000MHz C32 DDR5. 

GPU: RTX 4090. 

PSU: Asus ROG Thor 1200W. 

SSD: Samsung 990 Pro 500GB NVME. Samsung 990 Pro 4TB NVME. Samsung 870QVO 8TB 2.5” SSD.

Liquid Cooling System: 

Water-blocks: CPU Intel EK Velocity. EK Quantum Vector 4090. 

Radiators: Black Ice 420mm x2. 

Fans: EK Loop 140 x6. 

Fittings: Bitspower Black Sparkle x30. 

Pump: SC Protium D5 PWM. 

Tube: Bitspower Black Sparkle 16mm. 

Coolant: SC Diffusion.

Since this will be my first liquid cooling system I want something to last and have great performance. My max budget is $10k including the labor. There's a 45min Microecenter away from me and I will go and get a quote from them next week, but my concern is if they can't do a liquid cooling system for this build!

Also I already ordered 49" Odyssey OLED G9 (G95SC) DQHD 240Hz 0.03ms G-Sync Compatible Curved Smart Gaming Monitor.

Windows 11. the Mouse, Keyboard, speakers and headset I'll go with Razer since that what I'm using now.

if there's any advices or someone can choose a list within that $10k budget + liquid cooling system I'll appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

So did you already order all of these parts or are you asking if this will be good, and are wanting to know if it's good to order? Mainly wondering because of this part of the post.

4 minutes ago, Faded7 said:

I live in US, TX and this's the parts I got,

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

8 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

So did you already order all of these parts or are you asking if this will be good, and are wanting to know if it's good to order? Mainly wondering because of this part of the post.

No didn't get anything yet or order what I mean is that's what I got from the quote the company sent. 

and Yes I'm asking for if the parts are good or I need to change something because I'm really confused on what to do at this point.

7 minutes ago, Faded7 said:

As far as computer components go, it's a solid build. Custom watercooling isn't my strong suit as I've only dealt with it a few times in my shop, but everything in the liquid cooling parts look good(to me so take with a grain of salt).

I would say the better option over running it by the users here would be to run it by whoever is going to be assembling it. Microcenter does advanced watercooling builds, however they aren't cheap and that's only if they have a builder at that store that does it. So I'd call ahead or go in and run the parts by them. The list you were given was from the people who were thinking they were going to assemble it, so any extra parts or the specifics for their loop design play into how many fittings, tubes, and parts necessary for the loop. The person doing it at Microcenter may not need as many parts, recommend others, or even think there are too many. It would be best to have them come up with the whole list for you.

Also just to let you know what you are getting into, which I'm sure you're already aware. Longevity and ease of use can be thrown out the window with a custom loop water cooling system. It's more failure points in the system(parts wear out) regardless of quality compared to standard cooling or AIOs and they do require a decent amount a maintenance i.e water filing, cleaning, etc. But it will be a wicked cool(in more ways than one) system.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

14 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Yeah was thinking the same about the amount of parts it needed will vary between people who will build it. Doing it near me where I live going to save more of the budget instead of paying shipping and other things so I can add more to the build itself if needed. 

Thank you for you info and advices I appreciate it.  

Is this a gaming build or a workstation build?

Will you use this to make money?

The specs are pretty weak for 10k but threadripper wont game very well since it has a shitload of cores

If this pc is used for making money then gear it towards that instead of something secondary like gaming (unless gaming happens to be where you make money from)

if the pc is not used for making money do whatever the hell you want as long as it suits your workload so for gaming a fast singlecore chip like the 14700k or a chip with lots of cache like the 7800x3d, for cpu machine learning or whatever that needs tons of cores (and probs ram) go threadripper or a dual amd epyc system

1 hour ago, Faded7 said:

Case: Spectre 4 Aevum Limited Edition Water-cooling Case. (I'm aware this case is way overkill and priced). 

CPU: Intel 14900K. (CPU is between this or Threadripper 7980X, also aware of the price difference). 

Motherboard: Asus Z790 Hero Dark. (this also will change depends on the CPU I'm going with). 

Memory: Corsair Dominator RGB 128GB 6000MHz C32 DDR5. 

GPU: RTX 4090. 

PSU: Asus ROG Thor 1200W. 

SSD: Samsung 990 Pro 500GB NVME. Samsung 990 Pro 4TB NVME. Samsung 870QVO 8TB 2.5” SSD.

Judging by these specs its mostly gaming focused and yea already some problems spotted

Your workloads dont seem to use that many cores so a 7800x3d would be better especially for gaming

Z790 hero is a joke board

z790 classified if you want to run/oc 4 sticks, z790 apex encore for 2 sticks 8800+, but if your workload doesnt need 128gb of ram you are better off getting a 2 dimmer like the aformentioned apex encore with a 96gb kit just so you can atleast reliably run xmp unlike with a 128gb/192gb quad rank kit cause good luck running even 6000 on quad rank

If your other than gaming workloads scale with multiple gpus you might aswell add a second 4090 especially if you are using it to make money cause time = $

Just go full nvme for your storage, a slow 870 qvo wont do, maybe go for 4tb nvme boot drive + 8tb nvme + 8tb nvme

Asus thor psus are kinda bad value so id reccomend stepping up to 1600w+ or getting a cheaper 1200w platinum unit like the hxi, though for dual 4090 youll definitely need 1600w+

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Is this a gaming build or a workstation build?

Will you use this to make money?

The specs are pretty weak for 10k but threadripper wont game very well since it has a shitload of cores

If this pc is used for making money then gear it towards that instead of something secondary like gaming (unless gaming happens to be where you make money from)

if the pc is not used for making money do whatever the hell you want as long as it suits your workload so for gaming a fast singlecore chip like the 14700k or a chip with lots of cache like the 7800x3d, for cpu machine learning or whatever that needs tons of cores (and probs ram) go threadripper or a dual amd epyc system

Judging by these specs its mostly gaming focused and yea already some problems spotted

Your workloads dont seem to use that many cores so a 7800x3d would be better especially for gaming

Z790 hero is a joke board

z790 classified if you want to run/oc 4 sticks, z790 apex encore for 2 sticks 8800+, but if your workload doesnt need 128gb of ram you are better off getting a 2 dimmer like the aformentioned apex encore with a 96gb kit just so you can atleast reliably run xmp unlike with a 128gb/192gb quad rank kit cause good luck running even 6000 on quad rank

If your other than gaming workloads scale with multiple gpus you might aswell add a second 4090 especially if you are using it to make money cause time = $

Just go full nvme for your storage, a slow 870 qvo wont do, maybe go for 4tb nvme boot drive + 8tb nvme + 8tb nvme

Asus thor psus are kinda bad value so id reccomend stepping up to 1600w+ or getting a cheaper 1200w platinum unit like the hxi, though for dual 4090 youll definitely need 1600w+

The PC is for work for sure and gaming since I spend lots of time to game as well. Currently I do freelance graphic design and some editing and trying to jump to 3D work and learning like C4D, UE5, Blender or even unity.

My idea for a build is to make all rounder PC and I understands there's some drawback to such build and won't get same level as workstations focused builds.

My last build I made is in 2007-08 and it was also dual SLI Titan X Pascal when it dropped,
The older build that I'm still using now: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Waseem%40iq/saved/#view=hPvM8d  

Now I want to go for high end build with liquid cooling system. I will have to get more quotes from PC build companies and will see if the dual 4090 is meant to be since the prices for it now is through the roof. 

If it's not to much asking if you can make a build list for that budget what parts will you go for from what I explained above? 

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Faded7 said:

The older build that I'm still using now: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Waseem%40iq/saved/#view=hPvM8d  

Notheing to reuse there aside from peripherals

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm6WKX

7800x3d + 2x 4090 + 96gb 6400c32

Yea thats only half the budget and you can still fit 2 4090s in budget though ill just assume 1 extra 4090 cause board doesnt support quad gpu and i assume you wanna spend abit on the custom loop

As this is for work youll wanna gear it towards work, gaming comes 2nd since youll be fine gaming on workstation hardware unless its threadripper but i think you can still game on it since pbo will problably boost a few cores to run them at 5ghz or whatever, not as optimal as consumer hardware but doesnt matter that much when you can crank the graphics settings

What kinda work do you do on the that gets you $ and not just a hobby? Cause if its graphics related you might aswell just build a render farm, if its cpu related youll want threadripper

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6WHm7R

Heres an alternate version of the build that supports 3 4090s instead of 2

pcpp wont let me add a 2nd psu so unless you find a 2000w unit youll need to run dual psus

As for the builds themselves

If you need more cores get a 7950x or 7950x3d

You can do 192gb but only if absolutely neccesary cause good luck trying to get over 5000 to work with quad rank

Both boards support eclk so if you wish to overclock the 7800x3d or 7950x3d you can oc em

That watercooling case is just a bunch of glass disks with holes and standoffs attatched to em so running multi gpu on an open air case like that will be a massive pain, and yes that is indeed an overpriced open air pile of glass so get a proper case it just get a generic testbench chassis, for multi gpu youll be looking at full tower cases like the enthoo pro

clearence shouldnt be an issue since you are watercooling which is surprisingly cheap for a 4090, though youll want the largest and thickest radiators you can get thatll fit in the case due to the 4090s sheer heat output, and if were talking ideal here you either get a mora external radiator which is just an oversized pricey copper radiator or a regular car radiator (bigger = better) as i have my doubts that dinky pc rads can cool 2 4090s let alone 3 of em if you go that route

Cpu doesnt care about anything over a dual tower like the peerless assassin/phantom spirit due to the garbage ihs and insulating cache so dont be surprised if it runs hot

As for the loop config itself youll problably want the coolant running in parallel as in res -> 7800x3d and 2/3 4090s -> res and not series as in res -> 7800x3d -> 4090 -> 4090 -> 4090 -> res so you arent feeding the gpus hot water, this would work really well with an external rad since they usually have much larger inlets and outlets

Though if you dont want to run external rad you may need to split the loops in 2 so one cools the 7800x3d and a 4090 while the other cooler the other 4090(s)

54 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Notheing to reuse there aside from peripherals

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm6WKX

7800x3d + 2x 4090 + 96gb 6400c32

Yea thats only half the budget and you can still fit 2 4090s in budget though ill just assume 1 extra 4090 cause board doesnt support quad gpu and i assume you wanna spend abit on the custom loop

As this is for work youll wanna gear it towards work, gaming comes 2nd since youll be fine gaming on workstation hardware unless its threadripper but i think you can still game on it since pbo will problably boost a few cores to run them at 5ghz or whatever, not as optimal as consumer hardware but doesnt matter that much when you can crank the graphics settings

What kinda work do you do on the that gets you $ and not just a hobby? Cause if its graphics related you might aswell just build a render farm, if its cpu related youll want threadripper

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6WHm7R

Heres an alternate version of the build that supports 3 4090s instead of 2

pcpp wont let me add a 2nd psu so unless you find a 2000w unit youll need to run dual psus

As for the builds themselves

If you need more cores get a 7950x or 7950x3d

You can do 192gb but only if absolutely neccesary cause good luck trying to get over 5000 to work with quad rank

Both boards support eclk so if you wish to overclock the 7800x3d or 7950x3d you can oc em

That watercooling case is just a bunch of glass disks with holes and standoffs attatched to em so running multi gpu on an open air case like that will be a massive pain, and yes that is indeed an overpriced open air pile of glass so get a proper case it just get a generic testbench chassis, for multi gpu youll be looking at full tower cases like the enthoo pro

clearence shouldnt be an issue since you are watercooling which is surprisingly cheap for a 4090, though youll want the largest and thickest radiators you can get thatll fit in the case due to the 4090s sheer heat output, and if were talking ideal here you either get a mora external radiator which is just an oversized pricey copper radiator or a regular car radiator (bigger = better) as i have my doubts that dinky pc rads can cool 2 4090s let alone 3 of em if you go that route

Cpu doesnt care about anything over a dual tower like the peerless assassin/phantom spirit due to the garbage ihs and insulating cache so dont be surprised if it runs hot

As for the loop config itself youll problably want the coolant running in parallel as in res -> 7800x3d and 2/3 4090s -> res and not series as in res -> 7800x3d -> 4090 -> 4090 -> 4090 -> res so you arent feeding the gpus hot water, this would work really well with an external rad since they usually have much larger inlets and outlets

Though if you dont want to run external rad you may need to split the loops in 2 so one cools the 7800x3d and a 4090 while the other cooler the other 4090(s)

Perfect! Thank you very much for the info and advices. I'll take notes and see with Microcebter to run through those parts with the build.

I wasn't planning to do dual GPUs but I think your idea will work for this build!

I appreciate all the help. 

8 minutes ago, Faded7 said:

Perfect! Thank you very much for the info and advices. I'll take notes and see with Microcebter to run through those parts with the build.

I wasn't planning to do dual GPUs but I think your idea will work for this build!

I appreciate all the help. 

Even a triple gpu will work though it is kind of a pain due to dual psus unless you find a 2000w unit

Btw specific programs that you use for work and whatever else you wanna do on this pc? Just incase the 7800x3d doesnt offer enough cores or you may benifit from a triple 4090 or instead of a 2nd 4090 an a100 as an accelerator

47 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Even a triple gpu will work though it is kind of a pain due to dual psus unless you find a 2000w unit

Btw specific programs that you use for work and whatever else you wanna do on this pc? Just incase the 7800x3d doesnt offer enough cores or you may benifit from a triple 4090 or instead of a 2nd 4090 an a100 as an accelerator

Mostly I'll be using, Cinema4D, Unreal Engine 5, After Effects, photo and video editing software so most of my work will depend on render but I'm taking time to learn some of them from scratch so I'd say for heavy workload will come later on. I was even debating the idea of waiting on the Nvidia 5000 series to come before building this PC but that would be at least in 2025 so until that time comes I can just replace the GPU. 

I Also not sure about x3 GPUs I might go with SLI if that even what it called now. The CPU also can be huge part of the build so I might get the Threadripper 7980X.

Next week I will go to Microcenter and see if they can give me something similar to that or close to your idea.

22 minutes ago, Faded7 said:

Mostly I'll be using, Cinema4D, Unreal Engine 5, After Effects, photo and video editing software so most of my work will depend on render but I'm taking time to learn some of them from scratch so I'd say for heavy workload will come later on. I was even debating the idea of waiting on the Nvidia 5000 series to come before building this PC but that would be at least in 2025 so until that time comes I can just replace the GPU. 

I Also not sure about x3 GPUs I might go with SLI if that even what it called now. The CPU also can be huge part of the build so I might get the Threadripper 7980X.

Next week I will go to Microcenter and see if they can give me something similar to that or close to your idea.

Cinema4d gpu scaling

I was gonna go and link more articles for cpu and gpu scaling for the stuff you use but fucking cloudflare cant get their shit together so every time i try to access puget systems benchmarks and reccomendations it just keeps looping on verifying secure connection so ill just give you the keywords

-threadripper

-multi gpu

-multi cpu

-quadro

Just search that with the program name behind it like "cinema 4d multi gpu"

Though threadripper is really pricey cause ecc registered ddr5 not to mention boards so if you dont actually need 64 cores id just go for the 7950x(3d)