Anyone know how much these could cost?

filpo
Go to solution Solved by adm0n,
5 minutes ago, filpo said:

100 sound good? Or at least ok? I know it’s old (not really but just bad) but it still works fine

If you need the money, you can just insert it for $200 and see if someone bites. Then lower it until you get someone. But you will probably sell it to someone who doesn't know any better and gave you too much money for it.

If you don't need the money, I don't know if its worth going through the hassle and doing someone a favor by giving it away for cheap is also an added bonus!

6 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Regardless of the specifics of the panels, you gotta take into consideration it’s on paper a 40” 60hz 1080p tv. You can get new tvs with those specs for under $180 in the US, your region may vary.

And by extension you'll get a warranty with it.

You don't know how long your TV will actually still live. Especially after it had to be transported to its new owner.

We’re clearing out our other house and we’ve got some stuff we want to sell. One is a Sony tv with the model number KDL-40WD653 (though not very useful since I couldn’t find anything about the tv’s price itself anywhere). Specs are on this website (https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6f0e459) and I’ve estimated that it should cost around €200 euros used. Anyone else got any thoughts?

EDIT: Got another one which couldn’t find the price of used (though I didn’t look too hard) and it’s model number is UE40ES8000Q, can’t find a specs page but here’s what it looks like (on the Italian site sorry couldn’t find it in English) https://www.samsung.com/it/support/model/UE40ES8000QXZT/

this should be a bit more than the other one as I’m quite sure it’s newer (though I have nothing to back it up)

Edited by filpo

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

It's a 40" 1080p TV that doesn't get particularly bright and doesn't do HDR.

If I were trying to get rid of it, I'd probably just be happy if someone takes it for free. But there is one listing on Ebay for 130€. I wouldn't buy it at that price though.

1 minute ago, adm0n said:

It's a 40" 1080p TV that doesn't get particularly bright and doesn't do HDR.

If I were trying to get rid of it, I'd probably just be happy if someone takes it for free. But there is one listing on Ebay for 130€. I wouldn't buy it at that price though.

100 sound good? Or at least ok? I know it’s old (not really but just bad) but it still works fine

Current parts list

Regardless of the specifics of the panels, you gotta take into consideration it’s on paper a 40” 60hz 1080p tv. You can get new tvs with those specs for under $180 in the US, your region may vary.

I would probably list at 100 and drop to 80 if I just wanted it sold.

5 minutes ago, filpo said:

If you need the money, you can just insert it for $200 and see if someone bites. Then lower it until you get someone. But you will probably sell it to someone who doesn't know any better and gave you too much money for it.

If you don't need the money, I don't know if its worth going through the hassle and doing someone a favor by giving it away for cheap is also an added bonus!

6 minutes ago, 8tg said:

And by extension you'll get a warranty with it.

You don't know how long your TV will actually still live. Especially after it had to be transported to its new owner.

$100 CAD would be my limit, personally.

You can get a new TV of the same size/resolution for under $200 CAD (on sale), slightly above if you don't want the bottom of the barrel offering.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

1 minute ago, adm0n said:

we need to get rid of it and we need the money so I think we can go for ~$100/euros. What about the other one? I don't know if it's VA or IPS since I couldn't find a product page but about the same right? It's the same size, resolution and maybe brightness too, it's just a samsung instead of a sony

Current parts list

7 minutes ago, filpo said:

we need to get rid of it and we need the money so I think we can go for ~$100/euros. What about the other one? I don't know if it's VA or IPS since I couldn't find a product page but about the same right? It's the same size, resolution and maybe brightness too, it's just a samsung instead of a sony

Don't know if there is a big difference between the two models, for someone buying them today. Also can't find any good info on the specs of the Samsung one. Technically you could market it as smart-tv, if that still works. Maybe people pay more for it then.

As a general rule for things like this, just work backwards from the information you know. If a new TV of similar specs is X amount, selling the EXACT same model used would net you 50-75% of that price. So now selling a used & much older TV, you're looking in the 30-50% range. (Demand and rarity are other factors, but they don't really apply in this situation.)

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV