New mobo, cpu, ram, and m.2 drives, games causing black screen

Wendriel

Hello Hive Mind!

I built a partially new PC but kept my Zotac Amp 2080 because it is suiting my needs just fine.  New system has been running for 2 weeks and now when i open a game i lose proper display output and the screen turns black and i lose sound output (using my monitor speakers when i don't have my headphones on), sometimes it comes back and flashes on and off but normally it won't come back until i alt f4 out of the game. im using the same monitor, display port cable and display port that I have used since the previous build in 2017 or 18.  New components are a b650 itx board, Ryzen 7 7700x, 64gb of 6000 cas 30 ddr5.  i have had nothing but perfect performance until last night and I cannot find the fault.  Any recommendations would be super appreciated.  Monitor is a Monoprice Ultrawide purchased when I built the previous system, looking to upgrade that next due to backlight bleed and it always running fairly warm unless these issues are being caused by the gpu.

thanks for the input!

Screenshot2023-12-16175229.thumb.png.6a10ad3fadd5f4f9cc65d3a2f0ff63fc.png

Is it a clean Windows install? How did you manage driver installation/change?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

7 minutes ago, Nocte said:

Is it a clean Windows install? How did you manage driver installation/change?

Before hardware(cable), it looks like a driver(software) issues first. Would also try to update bios(including gpu, if other drivers/bios were updated but still having the issue).

sorry, I did upgrade the newest game ready driver after the initial issue last night.  It is a fresh install of windows 11 because i had a key to use.  it is new and different and i hate it but i will get used to it.  all of the drivers and bios are on the latest release update, none are on any beta drivers- they were all installed 2 weeks ago when i did the rebuild

On 12/17/2023 at 2:33 AM, Wendriel said:

sorry, I did upgrade the newest game ready driver after the initial issue last night.  It is a fresh install of windows 11 because i had a key to use.  it is new and different and i hate it but i will get used to it.  all of the drivers and bios are on the latest release update, none are on any beta drivers- they were all installed 2 weeks ago when i did the rebuild

You need to mention people or they will not be notified of your response.

In any case, try to enter BIOS and disable the iGPU of the Ryzen 7700X: I'm not sure about Gigabyte BIOS, but on ASUS it should be under "Advanced/NB Configuration/Primary Video Device" and switch that to "PCIe"; in the same window you should also be able to completely disable the iGPU

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304