Help with Uphere Fan Hub

Chris567

So I have this uphere fan hub which comes with 10 6 pin connectors for the fans. I know it is supposed to do rgb, but I can’t figure out what to wire to what in order to make it take a rgb signal from my motherboard. Currently I plug them and the SATA in and they shave no rgb on and just spin. I have looked through other threads but couldn’t find anything useful. Anyone have any ideas on what to wire to where so that I can make use of the fans rgb?

I have attached a picture of the hub. The cable is just SATA power.

Thank you! 

image.jpg

So its a bit of a strange "rgb" fan hub from what i can see, it looks like 5V rgb on the right side

image.thumb.png.7b599f1b8ba376683bc61ee16864e87c.png

So youll either need to daisy chain fans rgb themselves if they can or solder some wires/headers onto there

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Found another thread on here about this exact thing

System specs:

Try plugging one of the fan to the top right header / bottom left header

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

14 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

So its a bit of a strange "rgb" fan hub from what i can see, it looks like 5V rgb on the right side

image.thumb.png.7b599f1b8ba376683bc61ee16864e87c.png

So youll either need to daisy chain fans rgb themselves if they can or solder some wires/headers onto there

So you think I should remove the rgb wires from their connectors and instead solder them to those ports on the end or use the ones on the end as inputs? I tried using them as inputs soldiering on a 3 pin connected but it didn’t work. 

7 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Try plugging one of the fan to the top right header / bottom left header

I have tried that to no avail. I think the issue lies with the board just getting no rgb signal as all it is getting is Sata power from the Sata connecter. I think I need to find a place to connect the board to my motherboard so that it can receive a rgb signal. Any ideas?

3 minutes ago, Chris567 said:

So you think I should remove the rgb wires from their connectors and instead solder them to those ports on the end or use the ones on the end as inputs? I tried using them as inputs soldiering on a 3 pin connected but it didn’t work. 

Not sure, id say best bet would be try what was suggested in the thread i linked

System specs:

12 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Not sure, id say best bet would be try what was suggested in the thread i linked

I believe that thread is about adding on rgb strips instead of creating an input for the fan rgb. It uses those ports as outputs which makes me wonder what is used as the rgb input

Just now, Chris567 said:

I have tried that to no avail. I think the issue lies with the board just getting no rgb signal as all it is getting is Sata power from the Sata connecter. I think I need to find a place to connect the board to my motherboard so that it can receive a rgb signal. Any ideas?

Well, some controllers do come with a pre-set lighting mode.

No idea whether your controller supposed to come & be controlled using a remote or something. Which usually is the case with obscure china generic controller/hub 

If I have to take a wild guess from looking at the PCB, the key & gnd pins on the left side PROBABLY supposed to come with pins (or atleast on some revisions) that connects to reset / led change button pins on the PC case, turning the reset button / led change button into a makeshift preset lighting mode cycler.

You can try doing the mod like in the link @TatamiMatt gave, though I'm not sure if that free header supposed to be in and out, or out only, or in only.

I believe the mod in the link given was done to connect a led strip, which means an out

I never done any kind of hub modding like this so Idk if the header should be fine to be used as both in and out or not. 

And please atleast do proper pinout using multimeter before attempting, just in case the manufacturer of this hub is really so shit that they put wrong marking on wrong pins.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Also, I will just put this out.
No I am not saying you should try or whatever, if you want to try stuffs with the information don't hold me responsible if shit hit the fan.

I am no pro rgb expert or technician etc.

With ARGB, there is 3 pins, 5v, GND, and Din (Data In)

So, based on that, theoritically if the purpose is just to send data from one side to the other, only Din pin is needed to be connected to motherboard.

If we are supposing the 5v and GND already supplied through SATA

I'd try it for you but yeah... I don't have any ARGB fan / strip.

Refresh before you reply

Ok I think I will try to connect the key and Gnd pins to some kind of button to see if they show any result. I have tried inputting a rgb signal to those end pins but they must be outputs as they don’t work. I understand what you mean though about there just needs to be a 5v signal on the line so if that doesn’t work I might try connecting the pins directly to one of the fan connectors just to see if that works. 

On 12/15/2023 at 6:52 AM, Chris567 said:

So I have this uphere fan hub which comes with 10 6 pin connectors for the fans. I know it is supposed to do rgb, but I can’t figure out what to wire to what in order to make it take a rgb signal from my motherboard. Currently I plug them and the SATA in and they shave no rgb on and just spin. I have looked through other threads but couldn’t find anything useful. Anyone have any ideas on what to wire to where so that I can make use of the fans rgb?

I have attached a picture of the hub. The cable is just SATA power.

Thank you! 

image.jpg

Which fans do you have? Model and photo please. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂