Somebody appears to have put the wrong email for facebook...

...specifically my dad's fairly new email (and no, it's not a yahoo email). They must have created the account ages ago, and barely use it. My brother, in his infinite wisdom, decided to log into said persons account by resetting the password and even checked the "log me out of all active sessions" option. So now we have access to this random person's account and they are no longer logged into the account and do not know the password.
I have posted on the person's wall and this is the quality of the responses:
1X64fZy.png

(green is me, and blue is so incredibly helpful)
Nothing since then, including an email. Weirdly, now I am getting emails about the comments on the post, but we haven't had any odd emails before.

What should I do except just wait and hope they manage to resolve it?

Also, always check the email when you sign up to stuff. It helps.

HTTP/2 203

This is really funny. Lol

Hope the guy sorts it out.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Actually, I read about an issue with Gmail (might not be your issue) and receiving the someone else's emails. 

Basically, if you add .'s to an email address in Gmail, it's considered the same email. So my email (really) is "payden.pringle@gmail.com". Which is the exact same (according to Gmail) as paydenpringle@gmail.com and "....payden....pringle....@gmail.com". Periods don't matter. They all resolve to the same email.

So if this guy's email is veeery similar to yours, it's entirely possible he mistyped it and it went to yours. The question then becomes "How did he verify that email if it's really yours?"

That's a bit baffling. I faintly remember a time where Gmail accounts were broken in reference to the periods not mattering. Where I could register .payden.pringle.@gmail.com and get paydenpringle@gmail.com's emails even though someone else already owned that address. 

I don't remember though, so I could be wrong.

Here's the page on it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Actually, I read about an issue with Gmail (might not be your issue) and receiving the someone else's emails.

Basically, if you add .'s to an email address in Gmail, it's considered the same email. So my email (really) is "payden.pringle@gmail.com". Which is the exact same (according to Gmail) as paydenpringle@gmail.com and "....payden....pringle....@gmail.com". Periods don't matter. They all resolve to the same email.

So if this guy's email is veeery similar to yours, it's entirely possible he mistyped it and it went to yours. The question then becomes "How did he verify that email if it's really yours?"

That's a bit baffling. I faintly remember a time where Gmail accounts were broken in reference to the periods not mattering. Where I could register .payden.pringle.@gmail.com and get paydenpringle@gmail.com's emails even though someone else already owned that address.

I don't remember though, so I could be wrong.

Here's the page on it.

Yeah, except that it's a Microsoft email (@Live.co.uk) so I don't know what's happening. The only thing I might guess is that he got the suffix wrong and meant .com. I guess we'll see tomorrow when hopefully they sort it out. If they don't, I will just close the account and leave it (obviously not tomorrow).

HTTP/2 203

...specifically my dad's fairly new email (and no, it's not a yahoo email). They must have created the account ages ago, and barely use it. My brother, in his infinite wisdom, decided to log into said persons account by resetting the password and even checked the "log me out of all active sessions" option. So now we have access to this random person's account and they are no longer logged into the account and do not know the password.

I have posted on the person's wall and this is the quality of the responses:

1X64fZy.png

(green is me, and blue is so incredibly helpful)

Nothing since then, including an email. Weirdly, now I am getting emails about the comments on the post, but we haven't had any odd emails before.

What should I do except just wait and hope they manage to resolve it?

Also, always check the email when you sign up to stuff. It helps.

You have to admit that "Blue" has the reaction of the average person who is not affected by this fiasco. This has to be the companies fault and i am sure your dad can be compensated but then again they may think that your dad is the culprit/hacker because of what your brother did. I would sign out and leave that the hell alone. 

Hahahahahahaha..........Hahahahahahhhaha

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

This is very very strange... I would agree that is is something to do with the emails getting confused, but people can be very very suborn so if you are trying to get the person to reset the email or delete it i doubt they would actually do it. I really hope you will be able to sort this out.

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...