Screw together quick disconnects

Go to solution Solved by BobVonBob,

All of Alphacool's quick disconnects seal when disconnected.
https://shop.alphacool.com/en/shop/fittings/quick-release-fasteners/17223-alphacool-hf-quick-release-connector-kit-g1/4-inner-thread-deep-black

The couplings do not affect the flow rate of your loop. When unlocking both sides of the coupling sealed completely.

tl;dr if you don't want context: Does anyone know if I can buy quick disconnects that block waterflow when disconnected but also can thread securely together like the ones in this video below?

My setup used to be fully custom cooled. I had an EK CPU block, a pre-waterblocked 7900 xtx (and a custom blocked 3090 before that), two 3x140mm rads and an aquacomputer Ultitube D5 res-pump with a Leakshield. I had multiple quick disconnects to allow me to pull parts out to troubleshoot, which sadly I had to do a lot due to the early adopter instability tax and my own personal computer curse, but eventually I had a pretty stable system.

Except unfortunately due to the bends I had to use to fit all this in a Corsair 4000D Airflow case, in order to fit those QDCs in, I had a small air leak and the Leakshield would constantly complain. I eventually found it was because of the angle of one of the QDCs coming out of the CPU, a short run to the top rad.

If I'd gone for a larger case maybe it'd have all worked out fine, but I was at a point where I had been pulling my hair out for too long. So I cut the CPU out of the loop and installed an AIO. The custom loop still cools the GPU and everything has been fine since.

But I really can't deny the allure of going back to all system watercooling. Probably in a bigger case, fitting all that into the 4000D wasn't super fun. But also perhaps with some better QDCs, if that's possible.

The ones in this video look ideal:

Assuming they block water flow when disconnected, I can't actually tell. But the idea that they can securely fasten together with a threaded flange suggests to me that they'd not leak if the tubing run tried to flex them

Does anyone know where I can buy something like this without buying the whole case?

I believe those are Alphacool HF quick releases.

product_images_03-60_ac-0168-01_03-60-ac-0168-01_alt3.thumb.webp.c4f89cdbc6231a4c9ff1c7ff8878cb49.webp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

5 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

I believe those are Alphacool HF quick releases.

They do look like the same kind of thing. It's still unclear if they prevent water flow when disconnected, though. The website doesn't claim this, so they might not be suitable for what I want.

All of Alphacool's quick disconnects seal when disconnected.
https://shop.alphacool.com/en/shop/fittings/quick-release-fasteners/17223-alphacool-hf-quick-release-connector-kit-g1/4-inner-thread-deep-black

The couplings do not affect the flow rate of your loop. When unlocking both sides of the coupling sealed completely.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11