GTA VI Trailer Underwhelming

I just watched the new GTA VI trailer twice, while watching the second time I paused some scenes to take a look at the world and some details. I think they did a good job in capturing Miami and south Florida and the details in some shots like the beach scene are amazing. But the characters and the scenes with these two characters are a let down imo.

I really like the idea of having a female character (since the first leaks) but whatever that was in the trailer felt generic as hell plus not really a fan of the Bonny and Clyde thing they apparently are going with.

I mean I remember the first GTA V trailer to this day and how it made me excited for the game but this time it doesn't even feel remotely close to that.

What did you think about the trailer?

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

It might be that the trailer vibe isn't much to your liking as it was focused on todays kids. Which is very prominent in the energy of the entire trailer. Where the gta V trailer was more like a movie buildup this one is more like a quick tv show introduction and then switching to a bunch of activities with more and more shock value and things that relate to a younger public.

Typical stuff for games that are a satire of places

I was just like. Huh yeah looks like gta to me will probably get it.

First, warning to not forget, you look at nostalgia through rose tinted glasses. We're already attached to GTA 5, well most of us so logically we'll remember all the good parts and forget about the numerous scandals and disappointments GTA 5 had at the start.

Second, you've changed and so have the things that you find impressive. GTA 4 felt like real life, GTA 5 was less impressive for me cause I had already seen it all in GTA 4. Since GTA 5 we've had numerous games that at an isolated comparison will beat GTA 6, so because we've seen peak potential, we're less impressed.

Tree, remember that this isn't the Rockstar of old. Many of the legend have quit, even fired and thrown out. As long as their values and guidelines remain the same, GTA 6 should still be the same controversial franchise it's always been.

If I had a complaints it's that the main two characters don't get the screen presence they need and take a backseat. Give off vibes like a Bethesda game where main story takes a backseat and everyone will remember the side quests and how the word interacts with them and they with the world partaking in spontaneous situations.

I think Bonnie and Clye conflict could be great fun. Back to more desperate shit like GTA 4

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

It might be that the trailer vibe isn't much to your liking as it was focused on todays kids. Which is very prominent in the energy of the entire trailer. Where the gta V trailer was more like a movie buildup this one is more like a quick tv show introduction and then switching to a bunch of activities with more and more shock value and things that relate to a younger public.

Now that you said it I think that could be a part of it.

1 hour ago, venomtail said:

First, warning to not forget, you look at nostalgia through rose tinted glasses. We're already attached to GTA 5, well most of us so logically we'll remember all the good parts and forget about the numerous scandals and disappointments GTA 5 had at the start.

I'm not talking the game itself. Purely talking trailers.

But since you started I honestly was disappointed by GTA V as a game and think it isn't even one of the top 3 GTA games ever. Still the trailer back then got me excited for GTA V.

Second, you've changed and so have the things that you find impressive. GTA 4 felt like real life, GTA 5 was less impressive for me cause I had already seen it all in GTA 4. Since GTA 5 we've had numerous games that at an isolated comparison will beat GTA 6, so because we've seen peak potential, we're less impressed.

I probably changed a lot the last 10+ years but GTA is still one of my favorite game series and I get back to GTA IV and GTA SA every now and then so I don't think that that is the reason.

Tree, remember that this isn't the Rockstar of old. Many of the legend have quit, even fired and thrown out. As long as their values and guidelines remain the same, GTA 6 should still be the same controversial franchise it's always been.

Yes, it could be that they just fired all the good trailer people 😄. No seriously though that is indeed one thing to look out for especially down the road closer to release.

If I had a complaints it's that the main two characters don't get the screen presence they need and take a backseat. Give off vibes like a Bethesda game where main story takes a backseat and everyone will remember the side quests and how the word interacts with them and they with the world partaking in spontaneous situations.

I think Bonnie and Clye conflict could be great fun. Back to more desperate shit like GTA 4

Yeah. I really would have liked it too if they showed more of the characters and not just these two short clips essentially.

Sure it sounds like it could be fun but considering recent gaming history love stories can be either hit or miss and that can really change a game for the worse imo.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

It's a trailer for a game that is at least 13 months off release, probably more like 18–22 months. The hype train has only just started boarding, it will be a while before it pulls out of the station.

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed about it being set in Vice City/Miami, as the terrain is going to be very flat. I like a bit of gradient action in my environments. But on the upside, airboats?