corradokron

Hello! 

i am new here and i wanted to ask some pros about my "problem"

i have a

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 Hero
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL (ROG certified)

my problem is that i "think" my GPU isnt in the motherboard correctly

the mainboard has some sort of slider for securing on the right side for the slot which will slide open and click when i install the GPU

BUT!

for me it kinda seems off that i have a gap of about 1-2mm on that slit (picture) i already bent my case a bit but it still wont go all in when i scre it in

is this a problem? any solutions?

if the GPU isnt in the mainboard completely and I tried to start the PC can it cause damage? or will it just dont work?

if someone can help that would be cool! my last PC build was about 8 years ago 😄

405300307_7323134294387778_2481099152995138309_n.thumb.jpg.898b9bcc43ae525381350cc02b6d5b52.jpg405303065_7323134227721118_6676607348395040193_n.thumb.jpg.1002f268896394a0c5e528a0232a9671.jpg

1 minute ago, CephDigital said:

Looks fine to me, does it display correctly?

you mean startin it? i didnt try it because i have fear that something will break if i start the pc and it isnt completly in the slot like it will fry my motherboard or GPU, you think its save to start?

Just now, corradokron said:

you mean startin it? i didnt try it because i have fear that something will break if i start the pc and it isnt completly in the slot like it will fry my motherboard or GPU, you think its save to start?

Looks fine to me!  Give a start 🙂

thanks for the answers so far! i am at work and cant try it now but if you say that its save to start it i will give it a go tomorrow!

Just now, corradokron said:

thanks for the answers so far! i am at work and cant try it now but if you say that its save to start it i will give it a go tomorrow!

Yeah, looks good. It seems to be evenly into the slot on the left and the right side of the PCIE slot.
You can try to give it a wiggle but no harm will be done if its not seated correctly, its not going to blow up.

But yeah, looks good to me 🙂

3 minutes ago, corradokron said:

Where are my manners... Welcome to the Forum! Glad to have you with us 🙂
Report back even if it starts, would like an update!

4 hours ago, corradokron said:

Should be fine. All the pins are making contact and you heard it click into place. Start it up! That GPU demands frames to render! 

On 12/3/2023 at 5:59 PM, Hinjima said:

Where are my manners... Welcome to the Forum! Glad to have you with us 🙂
Report back even if it starts, would like an update!

a bit late but it startet! 😄 thanks for all your help 

20231207_030345~2.JPG