Shipping is soo expensive

Sedinity

I live in singapore and wanted to buy the jerryrig knife since it was only $10USD but the shipping was like $18usd wts

1 hour ago, Sedinity said:

I live in singapore and wanted to buy the jerryrig knife since it was only $10USD but the shipping was like $18usd wts

I mean on friday shipping for the mousepad was 18.99 USD for me (I live in the same city as LMG...)

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 minutes ago, Failure 101 said:

I mean on friday shipping for the mousepad was 18.99 USD for me (I live in the same city as LMG...)

It's funny, because I live in Canada and the shipping is still expensive! I purchased a few spout lids for my v1 water bottles this Black Friday, and I was not impressed with their shipping pricing either...

If I ship something to my neighbour it costs $7. $18 isn't much for shipping something to the other side of the world.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 hours ago, Nicklordzero said:

It's funny, because I live in Canada and the shipping is still expensive! I purchased a few spout lids for my v1 water bottles this Black Friday, and I was not impressed with their shipping pricing either...

LMGs contract with their handler subsidices all shipping fees. So essentially, you paying a lot for domestic shipping makes it cheaper for OP for example who gets it for sub-$20 shipping instead of $27 for example.

And before you compare to AliExpress, if you pick cheapest option they have, its with postal services, without tracking and takes 3-6 weeks. LTTStore shipping is mainly 2-4 weeks (depending on local customs handling times) and for the most stuff cheap as you will get tracking on all orders.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, Sedinity said:

As a person that does some shipping for the company I work for I can say that  $18.99 is one hell of a deal.

I've shipped smaller items from the US to Can for twice that price.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

LMGs contract with their handler subsidices all shipping fees. So essentially, you paying a lot for domestic shipping makes it cheaper for OP for example who gets it for sub-$20 shipping instead of $27 for example.

And before you compare to AliExpress, if you pick cheapest option they have, its with postal services, without tracking and takes 3-6 weeks. LTTStore shipping is mainly 2-4 weeks (depending on local customs handling times) and for the most stuff cheap as you will get tracking on all orders.

Funny thing, I never buy from AliExpress. I would've compared LTT Store to other Canadian Stores that use Canada Post for Canadian buyers though.

1 hour ago, Nicklordzero said:

Funny thing, I never buy from AliExpress. I would've compared LTT Store to other Canadian Stores that use Canada Post for Canadian buyers though.

Sorry, that part was meant to OP who says they are from Singapore. Which would mean that they use stores located to that area more often than any store located mainly in North America. For you, the first paragraph is the thing. The handler has couple of tiers and you pay according to tier. Which means all shipments in that tier cost same, regardless of what the distance is. 

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

And before you compare to AliExpress, if you pick cheapest option they have, its with postal services, without tracking and takes 3-6 weeks. 

I get your point and I agree that shipping is reasonable for sure. I will say that this is not the actual experience you get on AliExpress.

I've ordered plenty of items under 10 euro, free shipping, tracking and arrived within 5 days. That includes stuff like screen protector for 12.9 iPad for under 5 euro, sanding mouse for 3,5 euro, m.2 usb enclosure for under 10 etc.

Afaik it's subsidized though by their government. Regardless AliExpress has made a huge leap in terms of shipping, and that's a game changer, I've definitely ordered stuff that I normally wouldn't due to long shipping times.

32 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Afaik it's subsidized though by their government.

Yup, aliexpress/Temu/Banggood/many other Chinese shops' shipping is completely unrepresentative/devoid of actual costs through subsidies. Unfortunately that gets people to treat that as normal and expected over time, which is impossible for Western shops to do. That's the whole point, so you go order there instead of shops that either would be a better idea to support your local economy or where you have to go for specific things like in this case.

Aliexpress wants you to think you're paying too much for a product from a place like LTT Store and that you should go order a piece of crap from them instead bacause it's cheaper, their whole business model is around that.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

• 2 weeks later...

Realistically, doing group buys would be better. I did see a couple of those when I was looking through VR-Zone/Hardware Zone's forum. Those days were pre-Carousell so it's quite some time ago. Personally I don't know the population of local fans who are willing to buy LTT merch.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"