Fans

Byamps

Do cases come with enough fans for every fan slot in the case or do I need to pick up extras?

Depends on the case you buy, some have fans pre installed, usually not as many as case can accomodate..so need to buy some more, but be careful as some cases have no fans, it will say it in the sales description..do not go by what the photo shows!

10 minutes ago, Byamps said:

Do cases come with enough fans for every fan slot in the case or do I need to pick up extras?

Most budget cases will come with one fan. Some cases come with two. Some high-end cases with built-in RGB controllers might come with more. More and more cases, especially on the high end, are starting to come with none.

Basically, it's always a safe bet to assume that your new case will have more fan mounts than included fans.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

21 minutes ago, Byamps said:

You have to look at the product page of every chassis you buy to see if and what fans they come with. Usually they say how many they come with and often they don't come with all fans. But you also don't need all of the fans. It's a noisy nightmare. A lot of cheaper chassis come with cheap noisy fans that I hate using. Some brands come with good ones but you'll have to google the type of fans as well to find out how they performe in terms of acoustics. If you're ever in doubt to which fans to buy, The Arctic P14 are my personal choice followed by the Arctic P12 if you can't fit 14cm fans in there. Lian Li chassis come with decent fans, but still not as quiet as Arctic fans.

Most cases don't come with fans for every slot and if they do, they will very clearly mention it in their description. Also if you see this message can you respond? I think I've fallen prey to a shadowban

6 hours ago, phatrattyy said:

Most cases don't come with fans for every slot and if they do, they will very clearly mention it in their description. Also if you see this message can you respond? I think I've fallen prey to a shadowban

We can see your reply.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

On 11/23/2023 at 10:59 PM, aisle9 said:

Most budget cases will come with one fan. Some cases come with two. Some high-end cases with built-in RGB controllers might come with more. More and more cases, especially on the high end, are starting to come with none.

Basically, it's always a safe bet to assume that your new case will have more fan mounts than included fans.

On 11/23/2023 at 11:08 PM, Jon-Slow said:

A lot of cheaper chassis come with cheap noisy fans that I hate using.

Even more expensive cases tend to come with the maker's cheap fans. I've recently bought 2 budget cases and one came with four CHEAP fans, the other with 6... on the bright side, they're very quiet. And my Corsair only came with 3 low-end SP120 RGB Elites.

Which recent high-end cases have no fans?

Yeah, I agree that most cases will have some empty ports. 

On 11/23/2023 at 11:57 PM, phatrattyy said:

Only the Shadow knows!

You have to look at the product page of every chassis you buy to see if and what fans they come with. Usually they say how many they come with and often they don't come with all fans.

Some brands come with good ones but you'll have to google the type of fans as well to find out how they performe in terms of acoustics.

This^^^^

But you also don't need all of the fans. It's a noisy nightmare.

More fans mean less noise unless your temps are maxing the fans and/or the fans are naturally noisy.  I have 12 fans including my cooler and the case is only noisy at high temps because half of them are noisy at high RPMs (especially my T30, and 2 A4-iPPC-3000s), or when Asus Fan Controller takes control (which is why I uninstalled Armoury Crate).

The Arctic P14 are my personal choice followed by the Arctic P12 if you can't fit 14cm fans in there. Lian Li chassis come with decent fans, but still not as quiet as Arctic fans.

Arctic is good because of their price and warranty, but they have a higher failure rate. The P12 Max is pretty good, but the best (in terms of AF and SP) are much more powerful. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂