The way to possibly solve the youtube adblock block

So, I am not a developer. I do know some python but not nearly enough to even call myself mediocre at it, so, sorry if this sounds stupid, but can't you just replace the link of the ad coming in? Like switch out the ad link for the link of the video playing. Sure, there will be a skip ad button in the way, but I think that's a valid trade-off for no ads. I have found an ad block that still works, but it skips the ad after it has loaded. It Probably skips to the end of the ad, and that is a high probability since a lot of times, the video just gets skipped to the end too, and that is the problem with it. If you are someone who knows this stuff, can you tell if this will work?

Ublock Origin has worked almost flawlessly through this whole fiasco, perhaps an hour or two of downtime immediately after YouTube changes their adblock detection, then it's back and blocking ads again.

The adblock blocking is going to die down eventually when whichever executive decided cracking down on ad blockers would justify their existence for a few quarters gets bored, declares victory, and moves on to squeezing pennies out of someone else.

As for your idea, suffice to say it won't work. The ad player isn't the important part of ad blocking. Google can tell which video you've downloaded from them. Ad blocking on YouTube needs to be more sophisticated than just trying to swap out the ad video to trick that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just use firefox and ublock origin. Nobody had issues since even before it went fully live they patched it and firefox ALLOWS way better addon integration.

Literally on mobile (android) or desktop firefox it worked as if nothing even happened.

First step would be to stop using Chrome.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker