Ultrawide 34" curved monitor (3440x1440) VS 27" 2K (2560x1440) monitor

Jack7
If anyone owns 27inch 2K(2560x1440) monitor and 34inch ultrawide curved (3440x1440), I would be really thankful if you could tell me these things:
) Is 34 one better for productivity use (programming mainly)?
) When you compare both on 100%scaling, are the icons and text smaller on ultrawide or is it same as on 27 or maybe bigger?
) How much is 27 one taller?
) Which one do you like more?
) What models of both do you have? Would be great if there is anyone who can compare me this, currently been having 27 2K for few years, and thinking of making a transition to ultrawide 34inch.
Any photo comparison would be good to see also.

1) In theory it should be since you have more "virtual space" at your disposal, but this can be a personal thing. I know those who would still rather have two 16:9's side by side.

2) They are the exact same.

3) It's not taller, a 34 inch ultrawide is basically a 27 inch 16:9 stretched to the sides.

4) I prefer ultrawide

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1.) more screen real estate so yes

2.) 34" WQHD is just wider 27" QHD so they are the same pixel density

3.) Same height

4.) No preference, I use 3x QHD

5.) I got some two cheap 10-bit 60Hz QHD ViewSonic monitors as secondary screens years ago. Right now my main screen is 32" Samsung Odyssey G65B. I don't have WQHD monitor right now and no photo for comparison. Just think of it as a wider 27" QHD screen.

image.png.86562a9e64c66e4cbc015ffbbf999860.png

Thanks for those responses, now I got few more additional questions:
1) I'm currently sitting 75cm away from my 27inch 2K monitor. That distance feel fine for me. The text is a bit small sometimes so I often zoom things a bit (for example my Google is set to 110% zoom and that is totally fine for me). I tried windows scaling also (it is 125% next step) and that is just too large for me. So I'm afraid that if I get ultrawide, I might have to move a bit further away from monitor, and than everything becomes smaller again. Unfortunately none of the shops in my area sell ultrawide monitors and I don't have option to try it first. So anyone who uses ultrawide, it would be nice to see how far are you sitting from it?
2) Is the text smooth enough on it, I heard that some people had problems with text smoothness.
3) Any models recommendations are welcomed :). Preferably IPS panels, cause I heard they have better image for productivity use.

1 hour ago, Jack7 said:
If anyone owns 27inch 2K(2560x1440) monitor and 34inch ultrawide curved (3440x1440), I would be really thankful if you could tell me these things:
) Is 34 one better for productivity use (programming mainly)?
) When you compare both on 100%scaling, are the icons and text smaller on ultrawide or is it same as on 27 or maybe bigger?
) How much is 27 one taller?
) Which one do you like more?
) What models of both do you have? Would be great if there is anyone who can compare me this, currently been having 27 2K for few years, and thinking of making a transition to ultrawide 34inch.
Any photo comparison would be good to see also.

I switched from a 27" 1440  to  ultrawide 34" two years ago

Technically the 34" is just a 27" extended by 3.5" on each side, height is the same, pixels have same size and viewing distance should be the same

In gaming it's more immersive due to the wider FoV

In productivity tasks curvature can be an hindrance (say for precision 3D or graphics work..), but the extra width is a boon as you're able to work with 2 side by side windows for programming/console/chatting/etc, and have more width for big excel files or such, that else can only be obtained  by super big 45"+ screens or multiple monitors (that I don't have the room to install)

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

40 minutes ago, Jack7 said:

Thanks for those responses, now I got few more additional questions:
1) I'm currently sitting 75cm away from my 27inch 2K monitor. That distance feel fine for me. The text is a bit small sometimes so I often zoom things a bit (for example my Google is set to 110% zoom and that is totally fine for me). I tried windows scaling also (it is 125% next step) and that is just too large for me. So I'm afraid that if I get ultrawide, I might have to move a bit further away from monitor, and than everything becomes smaller again. Unfortunately none of the shops in my area sell ultrawide monitors and I don't have option to try it first. So anyone who uses ultrawide, it would be nice to see how far are you sitting from it?
2) Is the text smooth enough on it, I heard that some people had problems with text smoothness.
3) Any models recommendations are welcomed :). Preferably IPS panels, cause I heard they have better image for productivity use.

1.) If it's curved ultrawide then it won't appear much wider because of the curve and you should not have the need to move eyes or head too much around. If it's not curved you may need to move your eyes a bit when looking side to side. That said, I have 3x QHD and I only have to move my neck a little bit to look at the side screens so I imagine that single ultrawide should not require head movement... I sit roughly the same distance from the screen.

2.) Literally the same pixel density as 27" QHD so the same text clarity.