Ethernet Switch not working - Need for work/school/etc...

Go to solution Solved by Alvin853,
10 minutes ago, EljahTheFighter said:

Hold on to your hats, I found something.

Check this out.

image.png.47543b8afc1009315c2174df1bce163f.png

image.png.d376dcd5f179f02985602c14a94f9334.png

That's obviously going to be a problem, stop worrying about the switch and fix your device drivers first. Let windows auto-install the correct driver if the installer you found online doesn't work, or use Snappy Driver Installer (the only driver installer I know of that is actually not a scam, but does what you expect it to do)

Just now, OddOod said:

*always* grab the driver yourself. Driver managers are by and large garbage. I'll have to look into Snappy, but taking the time and grabbing the proper drivers is worth it. 

As for your switch, it's either not a Litewave 5 or it's unmanaged. (pardon the typo in the search)
image.png.e906aae28b7c1bbb9a9cd6f7de725f5e.png

As it turns out, customer service lied. So that's fun. Oh well, this works for my purposes and it was on sale. 

19 minutes ago, OddOod said:

*always* grab the driver yourself. Driver managers are by and large garbage. I'll have to look into Snappy, but taking the time and grabbing the proper drivers is worth it. 

As for your switch, it's either not a Litewave 5 or it's unmanaged. (pardon the typo in the search)
image.png.e906aae28b7c1bbb9a9cd6f7de725f5e.png

You should look into Snappy. I have the portable exe and the full 30GB of up-to-date drivers on an external disk I bring along for any troubleshooting session. It scans the system for devices, tells you which drivers are outdated, which devices are maybe running on generic drivers but have manufacturer specific ones available, drivers are rated by the community because sometimes a specific version works better than a more recent one, and it's great in a "no network" situation when the network driver is the problem, so you can't just go online and look for the correct driver. But I found out it can also break things, so it's not a tool you should just suggest to everyone that has no clue about computers. 

Just now, Alvin853 said:

You should look into Snappy. I have the portable exe and the full 30GB of up-to-date drivers on an external disk I bring along for any troubleshooting session. It scans the system for devices, tells you which drivers are outdated, which devices are maybe running on generic drivers but have manufacturer specific ones available, drivers are rated by the community because sometimes a specific version works better than a more recent one, and it's great in a "no network" situation when the network driver is the problem, so you can't just go online and look for the correct driver. But I found out it can also break things, so it's not a tool you should just suggest to everyone that has no clue about computers. 

That's fascinating. I will def keep it in my back pocket

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup