regarding the youtube anti-adblocker pop up

r/youtube is filled to the brim with posts complaining about the infamous youtube anti-adblocker pop up, i however use ublock origin and haven't gotten the pop up a single time. my guess is that people are using intrusive ad blockers that block these 5-15 video ads from youtube and are... complaining? lol

at least from my point of view an ad blocker's job is to block intrusive ads, but it seems that a fair amount of users have taken it to an extreme of literally wanting to block every possible ad.

what's your take regarding that situation?

also, in my opinion, rossmann has lost the plot some time ago. 💀

11 minutes ago, taekononomiya said:

r/youtube is filled to the brim with posts complaining about the infamous youtube anti-adblocker pop up, i however use ublock origin and haven't gotten the pop up a single time. my guess is that people are using intrusive ad blockers that block these 5-15 video ads from youtube and are... complaining? lol

at least from my point of view an ad blocker's job is to block intrusive ads, but it seems that a fair amount of users have taken it to an extreme of literally wanting to block every possible ad.

I used Adblock before when the YT threat popped up, migrated to UBlock Origin and as for you it killed it instantly...

I don't mind some ads but in the case of YT they are super intrusive (cutting vids mid-sentence...) and mostly irrelevant and useless

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

24 minutes ago, taekononomiya said:

Youtube are rolling out different stages of the adblocker blocker to different groups of users at a time. 

At first, I disabled opera's adblocker (and all other rudimentary adblockers) and that worked great w/ ublock origin. A month later that stopped working, so I switched to adguard and that worked great. A month later that was blocked. Etc.

Most likely you haven't been affected yet. They're doing this to confuse people and have people (like yourself) unwillingly gaslighting people to which this is an actual problem. Just because it's not a problem for YOU doesn't mean it's not a problem for everybody. Your experience is not *everyone's* experience. 

No, ublock origin by itself does not block this anti-adblocker pop up. (You can add code to it to make it work in some cases.) Even if you disable ALL other adblockers, ublock origin does not take care of the popup. You just haven't been affected yet. Count your blessings. 

Just now, corrado33 said:

Youtube are rolling out the adblocker blocker to groups of users at a time. 

Most likely you haven't been affected yet. They're doing this to confuse people and have people (like yourself) unwillingly gaslighting people to which this is an actual problem.

No, ublock origin by itself does not block this anti-adblocker pop up. You just haven't been affected yet. Count your blessings. 

that would explain a lot. on the other hand, i didn't say that ublock origin blocks the pop up, i meant that intrusive ad blockers would be the trigger for the youtube anti-adblocker pop up.

6 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Youtube are rolling out different stages of the adblocker blocker to different groups of users at a time. 

At first, I disabled opera's adblocker (and all other rudimentary adblockers) and that worked great w/ ublock origin. A month later that stopped working, so I switched to adguard and that worked great. A month later that was blocked. Etc.

Most likely you haven't been affected yet. They're doing this to confuse people and have people (like yourself) unwillingly gaslighting people to which this is an actual problem. Just because it's not a problem for YOU doesn't mean it's not a problem for everybody. Your experience is not *everyone's* experience. 

No, ublock origin by itself does not block this anti-adblocker pop up. (You can add code to it to make it work in some cases.) Even if you disable ALL other adblockers, ublock origin does not take care of the popup. You just haven't been affected yet. Count your blessings. 

Not my experience, I *was* targeted as I had the anti adblock popup using Adblock (up to the moment I couldn't play any vid anymore), then I put UBlockOrigin on and it went away, and that works since 1 week or so !

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

10 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Really? Because I got the pop up with ad blocker but ublock is much more effective. There are times when they slip through but all I have to do is update ublock and they're gone again. I think ublock is just updated more often than adblock was thus making it more effective against what youtube is doing.

2 minutes ago, Zomeguy said:

Really? Because I got the pop up with ad blocker but ublock is much more effective. There are times when they slip through but all I have to do is update ublock and they're gone again. I think ublock is just updated more often than adblock was thus making it more effective against what youtube is doing.

adblocker =/= adguard 

54 minutes ago, taekononomiya said:

I however use ublock origin and haven't gotten the pop up a single time

You will get it eventually.

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

i got it with ublock origin, decided to give in and get premium with how often i use youtube

21 hours ago, 112r said:

i got it with ublock origin, decided to give in and get premium with how often i use youtube

I might too if it wasn't so ridiculously priced. 

You tube IMO is mostly for stuff to fill time WHILE doing other stuff. Most of what I watch are product reviews etc so essentially I'm getting advertising in the content. I ain't going to pay more than a steaming service when they still want even more money if I want to watch a movie.

The user manual:

Spoiler

btw if one was to say delete an addblockers cache and then maybe update it certain reoccurring things might disappear 😉

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.