One of those days where you get peanut butter into your headphone mechanisum

Ethnod

I figured here would be one of the only places people would feel my pain and relief

I am working form home, my son has had a bad start so I was running late and stressed and decided to have my quick and dirty breakfast (peanut butter on toast) at my desk, something I don't normally do for obvious reasons.

While trying to plug my laptop in I leaned over and knocked off my lovely Sennheiser HD58X from their hook into my peanut butter on toast 🤬, Now its inside the grill on the inside 😭

IMG_20231108_111100.thumb.jpg.42e5d2ef38144c74567f1bc3f56695a8.jpg

Knowing I'm late, I've a packed day I leave them to dry in and assuming its going to be a thing to take them apart I just ignore it.

Thankfully I got finished my main task very early and I looked into it, here is the relief, thanks to Reddit I discovered its unbelievably easy to remove the grill, its spotless now ❤️

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

5 minutes ago, WackySpace said:

I was going to suggest using a toothbrush 

Unfortunately it would have pushed the debris into the headphone and potentially onto the membrane.

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Use a vacuum with a soft bristle?

59 minutes ago, WackySpace said:

I was going to suggest using a toothbrush 

50 minutes ago, Ethnod said:

Unfortunately it would have pushed the debris into the headphone and potentially onto the membrane.

Maybe you can hold the cup upside down so that if you do use a toothbrush it will try to fall instead of being pushed further in.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 hours ago, Ethnod said:

I figured here would be one of the only places people would feel my pain and relief

I am working form home, my son has had a bad start so I was running late and stressed and decided to have my quick and dirty breakfast (peanut butter on toast) at my desk, something I don't normally do for obvious reasons.

While trying to plug my laptop in I leaned over and knocked off my lovely Sennheiser HD58X from their hook into my peanut butter on toast 🤬, Now its inside the grill on the inside 😭

IMG_20231108_111100.thumb.jpg.42e5d2ef38144c74567f1bc3f56695a8.jpg

Knowing I'm late, I've a packed day I leave them to dry in and assuming its going to be a thing to take them apart I just ignore it.

Thankfully I got finished my main task very early and I looked into it, here is the relief, thanks to Reddit I discovered its unbelievably easy to remove the grill, its spotless now ❤️

Was just about to recommend removing the grille, 6x0 chassis is super serviceable 

8 hours ago, Cocococo said:

Was just about to recommend removing the grille, 6x0 chassis is super serviceable 

I was blown away by how serviceable it is, so simple and quick.